Calendar: April 12 – April 18

By Emily Huizenga, News Staff

Featured Event:
Monday marks the great Boston Marathon, so Sunday means one thing: carbs, carbs and more carbs. Even those not running the 26.2 miles should load up – after all, cheering requires serious energy, too. The Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro (BHHB) welcomes runners and fans alike for a pasta dinner. The chefs at BHHB will be offering a relaxing, healthy and gourmet selection of starch-laden specials like Tagliatelle a la Bolognese with house made ragu and parmesan (appetizer: $14, entree: $24) or Pappardelle with braised chicken, brussels sprouts, bacon and black pepper ricotta (appetizer: $14, entrée: $24). The dishes are offered in conjunction with BHHB’s regular dinner menu, so carb up. 25 Charles St.; 5:30-10 p.m.; prices vary; beaconhillhotel.com/bistro.

Thursday, April 12
From hipster vampires in San Francisco (the “Love Story” trilogy: “Bloodsucking Friends,” “You Suck” and “Bite Me”) to Shakespeare’s eminent King Lear (“Fool: A Novel”) to the life story of the one and only Jesus Christ (“Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal”), comedic author Christopher Moore has written about it all. Moore comes to the Coolidge Corner Theatre today to discuss his latest literary endeavor, “Sacre Bleu: A Comedy D’art,” in which two of van Gogh’s friends suspect foul play for the deceased artist and undertake a quest through the brothels and dark underbellies of Europe to uncover the truth. 290 Harvard St., Brookline; 6 p.m.; $5; www.coolidge.org.

Friday, April 13
Njabini Apparel, a nonprofit social business started and run by Northeastern college students, is dedicated to helping disadvantaged mothers in Kenya. The mothers create handcrafted products like jewelry, scarves, hats and bags and Njabini donates its profits to the women to help provide for their families and educate their children (a small portion goes to Flying Kites, an organization that operates a children’s home and primary school in Njabini, Kenya, as well). The folks at Njabini are launching its spring line – featuring new products like clutches, yoga bags, beach totes and jewelry – with a party at Lir, an Irish pub and restaurant in Back Bay. 903 Boylston St.; 6 – 8 p.m. all ages, 8 – 10 p.m. 21+; no cover charge; www.njabiniapparel.org.

Saturday, April 14
The six alternative rockers of Brooklyn’s White Rabbits (originally from Missouri) come to Paradise Rock Club on a tour in support of their latest album, Milk Famous. Hot off the set of “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” they’ll play here in Boston before heading to the Netherlands next week for a European tour. Though this third album is fairly light on the percussion, they’re bringing along both drummers for the performance, and will likely play hits off the album, “Heavy Metal.” They have toured with bands like The Walkmen, Richard Swift, Interpol and Spoon. Gull is scheduled to open the night. 967 Commonwealth Ave.; 8 p.m.; $15; 18+; www.thedise.com.

The sisters of Delta Zeta are hosting Spikes for Tykes, their annual spring charity event. The event is a round-robin volleyball tournament and all of the proceeds benefit philanthropies Speech and Hearing and the Painted Turtle Camp. Teams of five can sign up via the event’s Facebook page for $5 per person ($25 per team). There will be a BBQ for teams at 3 p.m. in the West Village Quad and the games will start at 4 p.m. at the WIllis volleyball court. Willis Hall; BBQ at 3 p.m., tournament at 4 p.m.; $5 per person, $25 per team; www.facebook.com/events/198418776948036.

Sunday, April 15
Before Paul Revere could make his famous ride, he had to row across the Charles River. The legendary patriot is at it again (or in spirit, anyway) – a triathlete of sorts for American freedom. Revere’s less-legendary rowing adventure concludes every year at the USS Constitution Museum, which also boasts activities like paper-lantern making, drilling with the Charlestown Militia and nibbling on light, historical refreshments (whatever that means). The rowing event begins on Pier one in Boston but ends on the shores of Charlestown, where “Revere” himself will show up between 9 and 9:30 p.m. 1-89 Long Wharf; 7 – 9:30 p.m.; free; home.nps.gov.

Monday, April 16
Patriot’s Day means two things: no class and the Boston Marathon. The Boston Athletic Association manages this American classic, the world’s largest annual marathon, which requires racers to qualify (based on age) to participate. The route goes from Hopkinton to Boston, with more than 27,000 people participating in categories like mobility impaired, wheelchair division, elite, handcycles and two “regular” waves. Most people know this. But what they don’t know is there’s an official post-race party afterward. The Cheers to 26.2 Samuel Adams Post-Race Party kicks off at Fenway Park and the House of Blues, and includes DJs, dancing, food and live music. Every marathon participant gets in for free, but only they can purchase additional tickets for non-runners at the “Party Tickets” booth. Fenway Park: 4 Yawkey Way, House of Blues: 15 Landsdowne St.; 6:30 – 7:30 at Fenway, 7:30 p.m. – midnight at HOB; $20 for non-runners; www.baa.org.

Tuesday, April 18
The team behind Boston Fashion Week comes together with the French Cultural Center to host La Fashion Soiree, a reception showcasing the work of student designers and celebrating the beginning of the fashion graduate season. Innovative gowns from the Boston Symphony Orchestra’s 2012 Project Debussy student fashion competition will be on display, which features work from 11 fashion students from the greater Boston area inspired by French composer Claude Debussy’s music. The event will also include French wine and cheese, as well as a chance to mingle with up-and-coming designers. Executive Director of Boston Fashion Week Jay Calderin will also speak about the special focus on student designers during the spring season. RSVP is required at 617-912-0400. 53 Marlborough St.; 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.; $6 students, $12; www.frenchculturalcenter.org.

Wednesday, April 19
The Occupy movement is still alive and kicking. Or rather, speaking. The movement has inspired countless poems, which are anthologized in “Liberty’s Vigil, The Occupy Anthology: 99 Poets Among the 99 Percent.” Author and poet Fred Marchant (“The Looking House” and “Full Moon Boat”) will be reading alongside civil rights attorney and poet Allice Weiss, who has been published in the Muddy River Poetry Review and the WHLReview. Author Anne Whitehouse (“Fall Love” and “The Surveryor’s Hand”) will also be reading. 25 White St., Cambridge; 7 p.m.; free; www.portersquarebooks.com.

Have an event coming up? E-mail the details to [email protected].

Events may be canceled or rescheduled. Call ahead to confirm.