Greenway Mobile Food Fest attracts Boston foodies

By Stacy Yip, News Correspondent

People line up outside the Go Fish food truck at the Greenway Mobile Food Fest. Photo Courtesy Stacy Yip

The Greenway Mobile Food Fest brought together Boston’s best food trucks, carts and bikes to Dewey Square Park and gives the city’s foodies a chance to sample a wide variety of fast-food delicacies. The festival offered a huge selection, from modern Asian cuisine to pulled pork barbeque dripping with Southern flavor. Admission was free and included live music, tastings and activities for kids. Boston’s mobile eateries invited foodies to taste the delicious dishes.

The festival offered an astonishing variety of meals, both savory and sweet. Kick*ss Cupcakes’ selection of cupcakes range from Mojito to Cookie Dough. Beantown Franks ‘n Spuds served the largest hot dogs found in Boston. One of the most popular food trucks was Mei Mei Street Kitchen, a Chinese food vendor which attracted the longest line. Lobsta Love had a variety of dishes that all featured fresh lobster.

Besides the food, live music from local bands provided added entertainment to the festival. Performers included Coyote Kolb, Larcenist, Red Heroine, Mount Peru, Audrey Ryan and Brendan Hogan.

“It was a great opportunity for people all over Boston to get together and try different things,” said Christopher Churchill, the event photographer. He added, however, that the folk music was not quite as unique as the food.

“The event was an interesting concept because of how popular the food trucks currently are,” said Marissa Lowe, a middler communications major. “It raised awareness of the different types of food.” Lowe said she enjoyed the variety of the trucks and the ability to try an extensive selection of dishes.

For a full-spectrum sampler of street meat and upscale food to go, the Greenway Mobile Food Fest was the place to be. The smörgåsbord left participants licking their fingers and nursing a satisfying food coma.