Where to catch your Huskies this season

Matthews Arena 

Home of the Huskies men’s and women’s hockey, as well as men’s basketball. Matthews, which first opened its doors in 1910, is the oldest active indoor ice hockey arena and the oldest multipurpose athletic building still in use in the world. First named the Boston Arena, it was the original home of the Boston Bruins (1924-1928) and Boston Celtics (1946-1955). The arena was renamed in 1982 for Northeastern alumnus George Matthews, whose donation helped fund the arena’s renovation. The arena holds 4,666 fans for  hockey games and roughly 6,000 for basketball games. Matthews also hosts a variety of campus events, including the annual Springfest concert and Parent and Family Weekend events.

Next up: Women’s hockey, Oct. 5, 7 p.m.

Must see: Men’s hockey, Oct. 13, 7 p.m.

Parsons Field and Friedman Diamond

Home to the men’s and women’s soccer teams and baseball teams. Parsons was originally a public playground before Northeastern purchased it from the Huntington Prep School in 1930. The baseball diamond was named Friedman Diamond in 1988 and in 1994 hosted the American East Conference baseball tournament. Parsons Field seats 7,000 fans and was the home of the Northeastern football team until its final season in 2009.

Next up: Women’s soccer, Sept. 9, 1 p.m.

Must see: Men’s soccer, Oct. 10 p.m., 3pm

Solomon Court at Cabot Center

Home of Huskies women’s basketball and volleyball squads, Solomon Court seats roughly 2,500 fans. Originally built in 1954 and named in 1957 for businessman and philanthropist Godfrey Lowell Cabot, Solomon also offers racquetball courts, a swim center and workout facilities. The court is built on the site of the old Huntington Avenue Grounds, where the first World Series was played in 1903.

Next up:Volleyball, Sept. 14, 7 p.m.

Must see: Volleyball, Sept. 22, 7 p.m.

Henderson Boathouse

Headquarters of the men’s and women’s rowing teams, Henderson Boathouse sits along the famous Charles River. Northeastern made its home on the Charles in 1965, and is now one of college crew teams located along the river. Renowned as the most beautiful boathouse on the river, architect Grah Gund preserved the Victorian feel of the landscape. The boathouse is named in honor of Ernie Henderson, longtime member of Northeastern’s Board of Trustees and now Vice Chairman Emeritus. The boathouse sits along the Allston/Brighton shore overlooking the historic Mt. Auburn Cemetery in Allston.

Next up/Must See: Rowing, the Head of the Charles, Oct. 20 & 21

Barletta Natatorium

Barletta Natatorium is home to Northeastern University women’s swimming & diving teams. Located inside the Cabot Center, the pool was dedicated to the members of the Barletta family in January 1969. The stands seat 500 fans.

Reggie Lewis Track Center

Reggie Lewis Track Center sits on the campus of Roxbury Community College, but is home to the Northeastern University indoor track team. The facility seats 3,500 spectators.

– Complied by Elizabeth Thomas, News Staff