Calendar: Sept. 20-26

Compiled by Angel Feliciano

Entry of the week
Saturday, Sept. 22
Is there anything more exciting than food? Hint: the answer is no. How about lines and rows of food trucks? Even better. The Suffolk Downs Food Truck Festival is featuring over 22 food trucks with a variety of cuisines, sampling tents and live music. From mac n’ cheese to hot dogs, barbecue ribs to dumplings and spring rolls to mouth-watering desserts, this festival is sure to deliver a taste of New England’s finest gourmet food trucks. 111 Waldemar Ave. East Boston; 11 a.m.; $13 – $25; www.foodtruckfestivalsofne.com

Thursday, Sept. 20:
The 28th Annual Boston Film Festival will be exhibiting seven films in this year’s lineup from documentaries to world premieres. Movies on the opening night include “Butter” starring Jennifer Garner and Hugh Jackman and the world premiere of “Head Games,” a movie about a football player and wrestler’s ‘quest’ to find out about consequences of sports-related injuries. Check it out, support rising filmmakers, and see who wins the annual awards such as Best Film, Performance and Documentary. This festival will be running for four days and will be featuring a Q&A session, during which members can see filmmakers answering questions about their movies. Local movie star Chris Evans (Captain America) is one of the attending actors. Theatre 1, Stuart Street, Playhouse Revere Hotel Boston; 6:30 p.m.; $9; www.bostonfilmfestival.org

Friday, Sept 21:
Love to laugh? If you haven’t seen Jim McCue onstage, now’s the time. Named “Boston’s King of Crowd Work,” McCue has the ability to make his audience laugh even without a script in hand. With a mix of good timing and uncanny improvisational skills, McCue keeps audience members on their toes. This comedian, who has been featured on Comedy Central, Comcast Comedy Spotlight, NBC’s “Last Comic Standing” and “Roughing It” on NESN runs The Boston Comedy Festival and works in top comedy clubs in Boston and New York, among other cities. 18+; Boston Comedy Festival, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, South Boston; 8 p.m.; $15 www.jimmccue.com

Sunday, Sept. 23:
“What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god.” ArtsEmerson: The World on Stage presents one of Shakespeare’s most prominent and long-lived pieces, “Hamlet.” It will be the shortened version but still follows the tragedy of the Prince of Denmark’s return home, upon which he finds his father murdered and his mother getting married to his uncle, the murderer. Paramount Center Theatre, 559 Washington St. Boston; 1 p.m.; $10 for the public and $5 for students; www.artsemerson.org

Monday, Sept 24:
College Night at the Museum of Science
Fall in Boston means change of leaves, chillier nights, apple ciders and the comeback of thousands of college students. College night welcomes students by offering free admission to the museum. The Museum of Science is hosting its 12th Annual College Night and will feature cool, “eye-catching” exhibits including theatre of electricity and butterfly garden. The museum will also be giving prizes from businesses located in the greater Boston area. Omni, 3-D Digital Cinema films, and Boston Duck Tours will be present as well. 1 Museum of Science Driveway Boston; 5 p.m.; Free; www.mos.org

Tuesday, Sept. 25:
If the book or the Academy Award winning film “The Blind Side” captured you in one way or another, come and see Collins Tuohy, the real life daughter of Leigh Anne Tuohy (played by Sandra Bullock). Hear her speak about her family’s life as well as her relationship with her brother – NFL football player from Baltimore Ravens, Michael Oher. Blackman Auditorium, 360 Huntington Ave.; 7:30 p.m.; Free.

Wednesday, Sept 26:
Ommmmm, namaste. Lululemon Athletica is coming to Northeastern to host an interactive workshop. Representatives will begin with a yoga session. This will then be followed by talking to individuals to give advice on how to look forward to and envision their ideal athletic life in both personal and professional settings. Career Services will also work with Lululemon to help create a plan to achieve this. Location will be given closer to the event date; 3 p.m.; Space is limited; register by calling 617-373-2430.