Curry Student Center’s Restaurant Review: UBurger

By Lauren Spinella, News Correspondent

UBurger’s Grand Slam Burger

Students no longer have to worry about running downtown or to Kenmore Square to grab a delicious meal at UBurger – now they can just visit the company’s newest location right in the Curry Student Center.

Students will have no problem jumping on line for a quick meal between classes. Although some said they found the staff to be slightly rude, that did not take away from the restaurant’s great traditional burgers. Make sure to get there before the daily lunch crowd to guarantee your choice of a Cool Chick sandwich or any of the other great menu options such as the Big Papi Burger, a Udog or the classic UCheeseburger and fries.

The UCheeseburger, which is pilled up with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, house spread and American cheese is an excellent choice for $5.25, although the side of fries were somewhat soggy and bland.

Cait Walsh, a sophomore journalism major, said she had her heart set on the chicken sandwich, but admitted that the Grand Slam Burger was delicious. This popular $6.50 patty is smothered in bacon, grilled onions and mushrooms, Uburgers house spread and cheddar.

“It was good,” Walsh said. “I would definitely come back.”

Matt Baddour, a junior English major, said he enjoyed his meal from UBurger, where he had the Club Chick. This chicken sandwich comes with swiss cheese, lettuce, bacon, tomato and mayonnaise.

“It’s definitely not as good as the other UBurgers in Boston, but I have high hopes for it,” Baddour said.

Prices at this burger stop are affordable, with each burger priced around $5. Students searching for a filling, classic American meal can head over to the Curry Student Center to enjoy this meaty favorite.