Curry Student Center’s Restaurant Review: Sweet Tomatoes

By Margaret Quick, News Correspondent

The new Sweet Tomatoes restaurant in the Curry Student Center offers students a large variety of different pizzas and a chance to get great pizza without having to walk to Cappy’s or Boston House of Pizza.

Sweet Tomatoes isn’t your average late night pizza place, but it is a gourmet pizza destination you can try without leaving campus.

With chopped tomatoes instead of a traditional red sauce and a surprisingly filling yet crunchy thin crust, the new pizzeria in Curry Student Center offers students a fresh take on a campus favorite.

Sweet Tomatoes has 15 specialty pizzas, including creative options with clams (the White Clam), Yukon gold potatoes and truffle oil (the Luxe Potato) and Granny smith apples (the Harvest), available by the slice. Interesting choices continue with the pizza and calzone toppings, which feature everything from hamburger to eggplant. Campus foodies now have the chance to eat something unique with these gourmet dining options.

The specialty slices of the day are $4. One of which includes mouth-watering ricotta and tomatoes. With large clumps of cheese and chopped juicy tomatoes, this specialty gives customers the same great cheese pizza taste with a fancier look.

Hungry customers can also find the medium Veggie Pesto pizza on the menu, which is baked with pesto, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh garlic for  $14.95. With sweet sun-dried tomatoes and flavorful pesto, this pie is also a delicious choice, giving customers a nice change from typical tomato sauce and mozzarella.

Alex O’Connor, a middler marketing major, had the medium Veggie Pesto. It was her first time eating at Sweet Tomatoes.

“I’m not usually a huge artichoke fan, but the bitterness of the artichokes with the sweetness of the tomatoes is [really nice],” O’Connor said. “I’d definitely try other things.”

Freshman political science major, Khloé Lewis liked the $8 Prosciutto di Parma sandwich.

“It was so good, the extra virgin olive oil mozzarella really balanced out the salty taste of the prosciutto,” Lewis said.

Overall, Sweet Tomatoes does not disappoint its customers and promises to spice up the average college student’s dining hall diet with its different perspective on pizza and its creative combinations.