Trey Songz in Boston with Jay-Z

by Miki Onwudinjo, News Correspondent

“Say Ahh,” because Trey Songz is in Boston tonight at TD Garden with rappers Jay-Z and Young Jeezy for the 2010 Blueprint 3 Tour.

He is traveling coast to coast as Jay-Z’s special guest commemorating the success of his own album READY.

“It’s a great feeling,” Trey told The News. “And it’s a blessing to work with Jay-Z. That’s my man. He is cool peoples.”

He plans to perform hit songs from his Grammy-nominated album, READY, which was nominated for Best Contemporary R&B Album. Trey said it is titled that because he was “ready” before anyone knew it.

“I feel like the world is ready for me more than they have ever been,” he said.

Trey said the tour is a success and he loves all his fans for their support. He recently performed near his hometown in North Virginia, where he is formally known by his full name, Tremaine Aldon Neverson.

“There was so much love. It’s just a beautiful thing. D.C. was amazing too,” he said.

READY is his third album and was released August 2009. He said the album is sensual and sexual. It is a soundtrack for himself and his fans.

“It’s love embedded; Love had, love made and love lost,” he said.

He said the song “I Invented Sex” expresses his sexuality.

“Say Ahh” is a double innuendo inspired by beautiful women in the club with empty glasses waiting to be filled, he said. Two songs he wants his listeners to pay special attention to are “Know My Name” and “Your Side of the Bed.” A few of his other hit songs are “LOL”, “Successful” featuring Drake, and “I Need a Girl.”

His album has already reached gold status and he said he is trying to out-do what he has already done. He said he wants to collaborate with Timbaland and Pharrell on future projects.

He is known as the Prince of Virginia by Atlantic Records, was named best dressed by Vibe.com, appeared on the cover of JET magazine, and performed with the legendary Stevie Wonder at BET Honors 2010.

“When you write a song, you have a picture,” he said. “My videos are my songs coming to life. And I owe it all to God. Without Him, I wouldn’t know what to do.”