Inside Ambush: What is your favorite SNL politician parody?

By Miharu Sugie, News Correspondent

As Election Day night approaches, heated arguments over Presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s binders full of women, horses and bayonets are still floating everywhere on the Internet and on television. Though it’s not just the candidates who are entertaining the voters.

“Saturday Night Live’s” Team Romney and Team Obama have been battling it out with the help from moderators like Candy Crowley, bringing entertainment to politics. Four years ago, SNL casts did impressions of Sarah Palin and John McCain, and the show came back this year with even better impersonations. With hilarious comedians like Fred Armisen and Jay Pharoah in the cast, season 38 features Romney and Barack Obama face-offs.
The News ambushed four students to hear who they think are SNL’s politician parody standouts.

“I would say Will Ferrell as George W. Bush because he really got the whole George Bush thing down. He looks like him, talks like him, he knows George W. Bush’s policies well. He’s funny.” -Raymond Libranda, senior biology major

“I love SNL. When Jason Sudeikis did Joe Biden, it was pretty good. I like Jason Sudeikis. Everything he does is funny.” -Andy Lalerdt, first year physics graduate student

“Tina Fey as Sarah Palin. She got the mannerisms correct and a lot of times, she reiterated a lot of what Sarah Palin says and how ridiculous she sounds.” -Katie Bean, senior political science major

“In general, I liked it when they recapped the debate in a funny way. Someone played one of the first debates during class. A lot of it was exaggerated but a lot of the undertones were accurate.” -Allie Hlaing, freshman pharmacy major