Event Calendar: Jan. 31-Feb.6

Compiled by Sara Tucker, News Staff

Entry of the Week: Friday, Feb. 1

The Stafford Brothers are the number one ranked DJs in Australia, according to the 2011 and 2012 inthemix DJ awards. They have their own reality show and recently worked with Lil Wayne for their newest single, “Hello.” Their other hits include “Open Up Your Arms,” and “Celebrate Life.” The Royale Boston nightclub is hosting the duo this week for an entry fee of $20. The show starts at 10 p.m. and is 21+. The Royale is one of the most popular clubs in Boston and is within walking distance from campus. It’s known for its luxurious design, which caters to dancers and those just there to hang out with friends or meet new people. 279 Tremont St.; 10 p.m.; $20; royaleboston.com/events.

Thursday, Jan. 31

Ladies looking to get off campus for a night on the town: Kay’s Oasis is hosting a Ladies’ Night Out for all the women in Boston who need a night off from the usual men in their lives in favor of the best male exotic dancers the city has to offer. The event is 18+ with ID and doors open at 8 p.m. for a night of dancing and live performances by Celeste Simpson and Rey Royale. The show starts at 9 p.m., and for the 21+ crowd, the after-party starts at 11 p.m. 1125 Blue Hill Ave.; 9 p.m.; $20; facebook.com/events/260126364114918.

Saturday, Feb. 2

Watson Adventures scavenger hunts are all the rage among corporations and private groups looking for activities for employees. Due to popular demand, the events have recently opened to the public and are a growing trend in major cities like New York and Los Angeles. The event, called the Fright at the Museum Scavenger Hunt, is geared toward teams from two to eighteen, and is designed to make players work together to solve riddles that will lead them to find items like skulls and monsters. The Museum of Fine Arts, just a short walk down Huntington Avenue, will host the two-hour event, and there is a $2 discount for college students. 465 Huntington Ave.; 1 p.m.; $37.50; watsonadventures.com.

Sunday, Feb. 3

The Beehive Boston was voted one of the best 100 jazz clubs in the world last year by Downbeat Magazine, and has been growing in popularity recently. The venue is a Bohemian restaurant and bar that features live music most nights of the week, with no cover charges. Sunday nights are the Beehive’s Blues on Sunday featuring seasoned musician Bruce Bears. The location is known to be frequented by many musicians as well, like Alex Brown and Greg Duncan, some of whom perform spontaneously for the audience. Even if you’re not a fan of Blues music, this on-the-rise venue promises a night of fun sponsored by Jack Daniels. 541 Tremont St.; 8 p.m.; free; beehiveboston.com/calendar/events.

Monday, Feb. 4

The popular ‘90s band, Sixpence None the Richer, will be in Boston this week, at Café 939. The band hit the mainstream in the late ‘90s with their well-known original, “Kiss Me,” and their covers of “There She Goes,” and “Don’t Dream It’s Over.” The group disbanded in 2004, but recently got back together to release two new albums, one this past year that the band is touring small venues to promote. Café 939 is a student-run venue in Back Bay that strives to promote fans and music of all types. 939 Boylston St.; 8 p.m.; $15; cafe939.com/events.

Tuesday, Feb. 5

The Northeastern comedy group, NU & Improv’d, will be making its 2013 debut at afterHOURS this week, with free admission for students. The show starts at 9 p.m. and will be fashioned after “Whose Line is it Anyway?” with members working off one another and the audience to make the experience as hilarious and as relatable as possible. The whole show is improv, so nothing is rehearsed and performers have to work together to maintain the humorous atmosphere. The troupe has been entertaining Northeastern students and the Boston community for nine years, and plans to start off 2013 with a bang. Curry Student Center; 9 p.m.; free; calendar.neu.edu/afterhours.

Wednesday, Feb. 6

Heavy Rotations Records (HRR), the student-run Berklee College of Music record-label, will be presenting its 13th annual “Epic Event” this week at the Berklee Performance Center. The show starts at 8:15 p.m., and will showcase songs from the upcoming “Dorm Sessions” album, a compilation of music from Berklee students and alumni – anything from metal to rock to electronica. HRR listened to hundreds of submissions for the album this past fall, and students had a chance to vote for their favorites as well. 136 Massachusetts Ave.; 8:15 p.m.; $8 in advance, $12 at the door; berklee.edu/events.