Best of NU: Best Campus Bar

With its dive bar atmosphere, plethora of Northeastern students and people sporting sweatshirts and gym clothes, it’s safe to say that almost anyone can feel comfortable at Conor Larkin’s, which once again snagged the title of Best Campus Bar. The Irish-American pub and grill offers about 20 beers on tap and large portions of food – like the much-loved buffalo chicken nachos – for college-student-approved prices, and brunch on the weekends. Northeastern students who frequent the bar agree that everyone knows each other there, and that the bar has a great feel.

“It’s just a great college bar, and it’s the only divey bar around here, it’s not fancy, which is nice,” senior biology major Liana Shahinian said.

Conor’s opened its doors in 2002, and has since been a hit with the 21+ crowd on campus. With a rotating shot of the week, specials and Tuesday night trivia, Conor’s is ever-changing, and it never gets old. In addition, the location across from Krentzman Quadrangle makes it easily accessible after classes or work. There’s often a line to get in after 9 p.m., but students have no problem waiting, especially with its popular shot ski, a long wooden board with four shots that four people tip back and drink from at the same time. Many students already have plans to buy a ski, like the ones at Conor’s, after finals.

-Sara Tucker, News Staff