Best of NU: Best Campus Dining Hall

If it’s lunchtime and there’s a clear lack of students and faculty on campus, it’s a safe bet that they’re all standing in the sandwich or grill line at Rebecca’s Café. The meal-swipe-friendly eatery in the basement of Churchill Hall won Best Dining Hall on campus this year, with almost half the votes. Students seem to like it for its plethora of sandwiches such as Turkey and Apple and grill items like the delicious chicken tenders, that often come with a side and drink and are easy to pick up between classes or for lunch outside.

“Rebecca’s combines the delicious taste of chicken tenders with cheeseburgers and sandwiches and fruit cups. I love it so much,” said freshman architecture major All-Bertrand Pierre.

Despite the cramped space, the shorter hours, and the weekend closing, Rebecca’s is a campus favorite. Generally, Rebecca’s beat out both the Stetson dining halls as well as International Village with 48 percent of the votes, and although the more traditional dining halls have more options, it usually takes longer and the choices get old. Rebecca’s features an ever-changing menu of items like BBQ pork, pizza, chicken tenders and a few desserts all week, as well as some gluten-free options. There’s even a cooler with pre-made sandwiches and salads for students on the run.

Rebecca’s Café is open Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., and is also available as a study space Sunday-Thursday from 5-11 p.m.

– Sara Tucker, News Staff