Husky Happenings

Service center to honor civic student leaders The Center of Community Service will honor Northeastern students receiving grants for civic engagement today. Students will give presentations from noon to 1 p.m. in 433 Curry Student Center about their civic work at the “Ideas Take Action: The Power of Student Civic Engagement” event. Topics include “Network a Nonprofit,” “Revealing the Toxic Truth” and “Youth Educational Success.”

– Jessica Torrez-Riley, News Staff

Spiritual Life Center relocates to 203 Ell Hall The Spiritual Life Center has moved its office to the second floor of Ell Hall across from the Sacred Space. Students can stop by the 203 Ell Hall office to meet staff and chaplains, reserve the Sacred Space for a group, use the multi-faith library and resource, or sign-up for Summer I and II yoga classes.

– Jessica Torrez-Riley, News Staff

NU signs accord to develop stroke rehab device The university signed an agreement with WGI, Inc., to develop intelligent portable devices for stroke rehabilitation, which was invented by Northeastern engineering professor Constantinos Mavroidis. WGI, Inc. is a Massachusetts-based supplier of precision parts and assemblies for aerospace, industrial and medical applications. “Professor Mavroidis’ team has developed technology that will lead to unique medical rehabilitation devices,” said Tony Pirri, director of Northeastern’s Division of Technology Transfer, in a statement. “This collaboration also provides us with the opportunity to contribute to the Massachusetts economy through collaboration with a local company.” The agreement includes a combination of a research and development contract and a license to give the university funding to develop the first prototype during the next year. WGI will also form and launch an independent product-manufacturing startup company to be jointly owned by WGI, Northeastern and a group of private investors.

– Jessica Torrez-Riley, News Staff