MAP out the semester, explore beyond city limits

By Simona Sudit

During Welcome Week madness, it is easy to find plenty to do on campus. With social activities giving out free T-shirts and free food, students are left with few reasons to stray from campus. But once the chaos dies down, how many students will take the time to explore Boston beyond the “E” line?

Few students attempt to venture far from the familiar – be it because of comfort zones or time restrictions. Whatever the case, the second edition of Motion Affair Planner (MAP) Boston was recently released, filled with things to do.

MAP Boston is part weekly planner, part Boston guide for students looking to explore the city outside traditional tourist spots.

“My goal with the planner was really just to help orient people in Boston,” said Morgan First, creator of the planner and recent Emerson graduate. “We realized there were so many people that moved to Boston and became really busy in their work or school schedule and never really got a full grasp on the city. MAP is there to help people get a better idea of Boston while going on cool adventures throughout the city.”

A key to this year’s MAP Boston is that “all the locations are new. So anyone who picked up [a planner] last year can still get this year’s version and find all sorts of cool new places,” First said.

One of September’s recommended locales is The OtherSide Caf