Husky Happenings

‘Invisible Children’ staff visit campus, promote film Staff from the documentary “Invisible Children” will be at Northeastern Oct. 2 as part of their national tour to talk with students about current programs, show parts of the documentary and answer questions. “Invisible Children” tells the stories of children affected by the war in Northern Uganda, which is the longest running civil war in Africa. The event will be held in 105 Shillman Hall from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Career Fair offers students scoop on job scene The annual Fall Career Fair will be held in Cabot Gym Oct. 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to give students and alumni the opportunity to meet employers who have full-time job or co-op job openings, according to the website for the fair. Students and alumni can seek job opportunities in fields like environmental science, math, non-profit organizations and criminal justice. Contact Maria Stein from Career Services at [email protected] for more information. – Kate Augusto, News Staff

‘First Ladies in Music’ documentary wins award Virginia Eskin, a visiting artist at Northeastern’s department of music, won the Association of Women in Communications’ Clarion Award for her radio documentary series called “First Ladies in Music with Virgina Eskin.” “First Ladies” tells the history of women through musician one hour segments during the 13 week series, and has been played on more than 100 stations in the United States, according to a Northeastern press release. Eskin wants to create another series in the future that focuses on female performers, conductors and patrons. – Kate Augusto, News Staff

Music scholar to give performance lecture On Oct. 3 at 4 p.m. in the Raytheon Amphitheater, Peggy Seegar, a visiting scholar in the department of music, will give a performance lecture called “I Come From Women: Peggy Seeger Sings Traditional and Original Songs,” according to a Northeastern press release. The performance lecture is part of “Gender Matters,” a Northeastern Women’s Studies lecture series, and will include Seeger performing various songs originally written by mothers attempting to educate and entertain their daughters. Seeger has recorded more than 20 solo records and has worked on various collaborations with musicians like Tom Paley, Guy Carawan and Ewan MacColl. – Kate Augusto, News Staff

NUwave Wireless available on students’ laptops This week, ResNet Technicians will be available at the Curry Student Center (CSC) to set up secure NUwave Wireless on students’ laptops. To get this service, students need to bring their laptop to a ResNet table that will be set up at CSC Tues. from noon to 3 p.m., Wed. from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., or Thurs. from noon to 3 p.m., according to a Northeastern announcement. – Kate Augusto, News Staff