Sex party aims to please

By Derek Hawkins

The night began with the Super Deluxe Smitten, the Mini Bullet and the Spice massage cream. Then came the pear-scented Sensual Touch Bed Spray.

Pam Rochna, an independent consultant for Passion Parties, an event planner who specializes in sexual products, strolled from table to table in Conor Larkin’s Grill and Tap, to showcase some of the company’s toys that ranged from simple lubricants to multi-setting vibrators.

Northeastern Students For Choice, the host, held its second annual Northeastern Students For Choice Passion Party last night at 7 p.m., and Rochna was the featured guest.

“I like to start with the mild and go to the wild,” she said.

More than 60 students – nearly all women – had gathered at the bar. Rochna’s focus, she said, was female sensuality.

“I’m here to enhance people’s lives with information in a way they can’t get it anywhere else,” Rochna said. “You can’t ask just anyone about the G-spot. You can’t ask just anyone how to tell if you’ve had an orgasm. My goal is to make everyone comfortable, safe, secure and make everyone feel they can ask questions without being judged.”

Julie Miller, vice president of Students for Choice, said her group chose Rochna for her approach.

“She’s great at making all her topics user-friendly,” said Miller, a sophomore American Sign Language and human services major. “It gives an empowering feeling to people not quite comfortable with sex.”

Some students came with questions for Rochna.

“I’m here for the giggle factor, but I’m also in the mood for some information,” said Celie Davis, a junior nursing major. “It’s like an X-rated health class.”

Others, however, like junior music industry major Dallas Bernstein, were more timid.

“I thought it was kind of shocking that it would be hosted through school,” she said “I’m a little out of my comfort zone.”

The night began tame enough, with some lotion and some aerosol to make bedsheets feel silkier.

But Rochna quickly moved on to more risqu’eacute; products, like the Sweet Sensations Oral Pleasure Gel.

“Ladies, this is our favorite thing to do, right?” Rochna said. “A little bit of this will warm the tongue and help with your gag reflex.”

Shortly after making her rounds with the gel, Rochna brought out her first toy: The Intimacy Enhancer, a pair of silicone rings worn around the penis and scrotum, commonly called a “cock ring.”

Rochna explained the value of the device to a table of six women and three men.

“This makes the penis veinier and bigger – ladies, that’s for us,” she said. “And guys, it makes you last longer and have a more intense orgasm.”

Rochna passed the ring around the tables; then she moved onto her main event.

Reaching into a large, black box, Rochna produced a shoebag filled with more than a dozen different vibrators.

First was the Pulsing Orbiter, a small, bullet-shaped vibrator that bounced on the table when Rochna turned it on with a remote control.

The Nubby G Aqua, designed specifically to target a woman’s most sensitive parts, followed.

But the climax came when Rochna pulled out her No. 1 selling vibrator: The Jelly Osaki, an eight inch, purple “monster” with a rotating shaft and an “exquisite” rubber tongue to stimulate the clitoris.

“Guys, sorry, you cannot do this,” Rochna said, holding the Jelly Osaki as it buzzed and squirmed in her hand.

Rochna’s presentation ended and several women lined up to purchase some of her products.

“I have one already, but these are better,” Davis said. “Now I’m thinking of upgrading.”

But others said they came for the novelty of the Passion Party and not to buy anything.

“Some of this stuff is way too expensive,” said sophomore behavioral neuroscience major Carmen Thurston. “I don’t even have enough money for groceries right now, let alone a vibrator.”