Diddy, Busta, Eve perform with JAMN 94.5’s ‘Monster Jam’

The FleetCenter was filled with thousands of screaming fans on Sunday, Oct. 27, when Boston’s number one hip-hop station, JAMN 94.5, held their annual Monster Jam Concert.

Fans were bobbing their heads and moving to the beats of their favorite artists. Hosting the show was a slew of JAMN disc jockeys. The Morning Show’s Pebbles, Ramiro and Melissa, as well as Big Daddy B were all on hand for the festivities.

Kentucky-based rappers, Nappy Roots, were the first to be sent out on stage to warm up the crowd. This five member clan were a group of characters. One was dressed in cowboy attire; complete with cowboy hat, elaborate belt buckle and bulging biceps to match. Another wore an Amelia Earhart aviator cap, and a third member looked as if he had just finished working a shift at the local mechanic. Most of the tunes were unfamiliar to the crowd, but once they started singing more radio friendly tunes like “Aw Naw” and “All My Life I Been Poor,” the crowd participation began.

Next on stage was the self proclaimed “Pit Bull in a Skirt,” Ms. Eve Jeffries. She took it back to the beginning, sporting her signature blond hair. Eve took the crowd on a quick history lesson which started with her guest appearance on Missy Elliott’s “Hot Boys,” and ended at the blond bombshells current LP, “Eve-O-Lution.”

Eve got the crowd involved when she broke into a rendition of her Grammy winning single, “Blow Ya Mind.” She invited four lucky guests to join her on stage. She sang songs that made her a star like, “What Ya Want.” She even represented for her Ruff Ryder counterparts when she performed DMX’s, “Stop.” Eve made sure to include a positive message in her show by having members of the audience put their lighters in the air while joining her in “Love is Blind,” the third song off her “Eve” album which is about the dangers of domestic violence.

What show would be complete without the Dirty South? Ludacris came out full of energy with his group, Disturbing the Peace. Ludacris brought the R to the PG audience when he broke into his geography lesson with “Area Codes,” and he told us about his sexual desires in “Fantasy.” Ludacris was sure to make it feel like a club with hits like, “Throw Them Bows” and “Move.”

Next up was the man formerly known as Puff Daddy. The producer/designer/rapper dominated the show with flashing lights, explosives, confetti and backup dancers.

“I’m gonna make sure y’all get your money’s worth,” Diddy said.

P. Diddy is a man of his word because he pleased the crowd. Not only was he full of energy the whole time, but his dancers showed love to Beantown by wearing Bruins jerseys.

P. Diddy opened with the first single from his Bad Boy Presents: P-Diddy and the Family album, “We Ain’t Going Nowhere.” He also made it a point to sing songs he produced, or was featured in, such as, “Lights, Camera, Action, (Remix),” while joined by Mr. Cheeks, himself.

P-Diddy and the queen of hip-hop, Mary J. Blige, amped the crowd with Mary’s chart topper, “Family Affair,” and “No More Drama (Remix).”

Next, was the “most critically acclaimed raptress in the game,” the foxy one, herself, Miss Inga Marshon