A complete guide to Springfest 2024

Darin Zullo
Students gather in Curry Student Center during the Springfest carnival in 2023. CUP recently released a complete schedule of Springfest events for 2024.

With the first days of spring in the rearview mirror, Northeastern’s Council for University Programs, or CUP, and other student organizations have kicked their programming into high gear for Springfest, a week-long celebration bringing various activities and performances to campus.

“We’ve been trying to book lineups that are tailored to a bunch of different audiences,” Rosie Scott, a fourth-year music industry major and CUP’s vice president of events and booking, told Northeastern Global News, or NGN. “We try to vary genre from year to year, but also through the week.”

Here is the complete schedule of official Springfest events:

March 25 at 8 p.m.: Get sickening with Laganja Estranja

Monday night will bring “RuPaul’s Drag Race” alum Laganja Estranja to the Curry Ballroom for Springfest 2024’s first celebrity appearance. Joined by local drag queen Candace Persuasian, Estranja is set to take the stage at 8 p.m. Boston-based performers Briar Blush and Rusty Hammer will host the event, which the Live Music Association and Resident Student Association planned.

This event is free and open to Northeastern students only.

March 26 at 7:30 p.m.: Leslie Jones brings the funny to Blackman Auditorium

For the Springfest Showcase, “Ghostbusters” (2016) star and “Saturday Night Live” alum Leslie Jones will perform stand-up comedy in Blackman Auditorium at 7:30 p.m. with comedian Lenny Marcus, who has collaborated with Jones on many projects. This is the second year in a row that a former or current cast member of “Saturday Night Live” has performed during Springfest — “Weekend Update” anchor Colin Jost performed last year.

This event is free and allows Northeastern students to bring one guest.

March 27 at 6 p.m.: CUPlympics

This year’s Springfest carnival starts at 6 p.m. Wednesday and will feature a diverse array of events set up across Curry Student Center. Tickets are required to participate in all activities.

There will be sport inflatables in the Snell Library Quad, a dance party in AfterHours, a mural to decorate in the west addition mezzanine on the second floor and a cultural fair in Curry’s indoor quad. The game room on the fourth floor will be open for use, and there will be merchandise available in the Senate chambers.

This event is free and open to Northeastern students only. A map of the night’s activities can be found here.

March 28 at 7 p.m.: mxmtoon speaks and sings to Blackman audience

The Springfest Showcase’s second guest is bedroom pop artist mxmtoon, who will be performing and participating in a moderated Q&A Thursday at 7 p.m.

On TikTok, mxmtoon’s music found a new popularity in 2019 — her most popular songs on Spotify, “Falling for U” and “prom dress,” have been used in over 12,800 and 368,000 videos on the platform, respectively, as of March 2024.

March 30 at 6:45 p.m.: Lil Yachty to headline the Springfest concert

The week will end with a larger-scale concert in Matthews Arena, one that pop artist Carly Rae Jepsen and rapper Aminé headlined last year. Rapper Lil Yachty will be taking the stage Saturday, along with R&B artist Pink Sweat$ and multi-genre artist Dreamer Isioma.

Lil Yachty first gained widespread recognition in 2015 with his single “One Night” and has since released five studio albums, the latest of which, “Let’s Start Here.,” released in January 2023. Dreamer Isioma saw breakout fame in 2020 with their single “Sensitive,” and Pink Sweat$’s songs “At My Worst” and “Honesty” have achieved great success on Spotify, with over 652 million and 339 million streams, respectively.

This event is $15 for Northeastern undergraduates and graduate students and $30 for guests, Northeastern faculty and staff, College of Professional Studies students and law students. Guest tickets must be purchased with a Northeastern ticket. More information about ticketing for the Springfest concert can be found here.

Ticket Information

Tickets for all of these events can be purchased here. Navigate to “Student Access,” sign in with Northeastern credentials, select “Northeastern Student Life” and click on the event of choice to get tickets.

“Our main goal is to make sure there’s as much as possible and that there’s something for everyone on campus,” Scott said to NGN.

About the Contributors
Kristina DaPonte
Kristina DaPonte, Lifestyle Editor
Kristina DaPonte is a third-year journalism major with a minor in communication studies. She is the deputy lifestyle editor for The News as well as a contributor to Spectrum Literary Arts Magazine. She's excited to bring exciting, engaging stories to the table. Follow her @dapontekristina on Twitter for updates.
Darin Zullo
Darin Zullo, Deputy Lifestyle Editor
Darin Zullo is a second-year journalism and English combined major with a minor in photojournalism. This is his second semester as a deputy photo editor for The News. He has also written for the Global Observer and the Scope and is looking forward to continue working with The News this semester.