Concert’s proceeds benefit inner-city kids

By Kaitlyn Thaney

WRBB, Northeastern University’s radio station, and the Council for University Programming are bringing a slew of bands to the Curry Student Center Ballroom this Friday to benefit the Union Hill Project, a charity which provides inner-city children with music resources.

Two bands scheduled to perform have ties to Northeastern — Just Like Switches and Damaged Goods. Other bands making an appearance include 12Cent, Jeepers H. Crackers and the headliner, Dan Andriano, bassist and vocalist of Alkaline Trio.

The show starts at 6:30 p.m. and tickets are $5.

“WRBB put these concerts together to support local underground music and to give back to the community at the same time,” said Blake Jenssen, the general manager of WRBB.

The show is a private, all ages event in the ballroom and tickets are on a will-call basis. The acts leading up to Andriano will be half-hour sets. Jeepers H. Crackers will go on at 6:30 p.m. with 12Cent following. The show will continue with Just Like Switches and Damaged Goods. Andriano will conclude with a one-hour performance.

Depending upon the success of Friday’s event, Joshua Pratt, a Northeastern student who organized the concert, is hoping to organize future events for the Union Hill Project. There are already 25-30 names on the will-call list, so he is confident the show will be a success. Residential Life, CUP and the Resident Student Association, along with WRBB, made this show possible.

“So, if you have time please come out,” Pratt said.

Pratt emphasized the importance of the help going to the inner-city youth. Flyers have been posted around campus and will be handed out in the Krentzman Quadrangle prior to Friday’s show.

To get tickets for this show, e-mail Joshua Pratt at [email protected] to be placed on a will-call list.