Police investigate bomb threat in Dodge Hall

By Leila Fadel

Boston and Northeastern Police responded to a bomb threat in Dodge Hall at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, after a note threatening detonation was found in a second floor stairwell. The Boston Police Bomb Squad searched the building with dogs but no bomb was discovered, said David Estrada, a police spokesman.

“If they catch the person that did this, Judicial Affairs will be called in, but that will be the least of this person’s problems,” said Ed Klotzbier, director of communications for Northeastern.

Jessica Gabriele, a senior marketing major, said students rushed out of her class after one person walked in with the warning note that had been taped on the front door in his hand, but was skeptical of some students’ fears that it was a terrorist threat.

“There’s no reason they would ever target Northeastern University,” Gabriele said.

Warning signs were posted on the front doors of the building and professors were informed that they could leave if they felt threatened, but there was no official evacuation, according to Boston Police. Classes resumed at 2:50 p.m.

The note and investigation have been turned over to the Northeastern Police. Detectives in charge of the investigation were unavailable for comment Tuesday night.

“Somebody must have really not wanted to do a presentation,” said Sean Szczygiel, a middler finance major.