Take two

Boston College made it a clean four-game sweep this season over Northeastern by beating the Huskies 6-3 in front of 3,162 at Matthews Arena.

For the first time all season, the Huskies let their frustration get to them as Trevor Reschny took a game misconduct for drilling Dave Spina into the boards and, after BC took a 3-0 on the power play, Mike Ryan nailed Ben Eaves in the back.

“We really shot ourselves in the foot,” Northeastern coach Bruce Crowder said. “That’s the kind of stuff you expect a freshman to do, but not guys with C’s and A’s on their jersey.”

Much like Friday night, NU trailed at the end of the first frame, 2-0 and fell behind 4-0 early in the second thanks in large part to the eight power plays the Eagles had.

“We can’t give those guys power plays like that,” said goalie Mike Gilhooly. “They’re the No. 5 team in the nation. I mean who are we kidding, they’re a good team and they showed us that tonight.”

UMass-Lowell was idle Saturday night but it does play Merrimack on Tuesday. Should Lowell win, they will hold a one point advantage over Northeastern for the eighth and final playoff spot in Hockey East.

The Huskies play Merrimack on Friday and close the season against Lowell Saturday away.

“It’s a big weekend for us,” said freshman Mike Morris. “We need to get as many points as we can.”

Agreed Gilhooly. “This is crunch time. We have to win. There’s no way around it.”