Man on the Street: Amanda Bergin

By Margarita Neplokh

We have all seen her, that girl. She is always around campus, looking perfectly put together. She is not wearing anything flashy, nor is her hair — the color of fire — what some would consider normal, yet she still comes across as being stylish.

Having a mainstream style suits Amanda Bergin just right. She may be the girl who does not need to try, but she does have a few raw edges in her style aesthetic.

Amanda, who was spotted wearing an army green button down top, with her signature platforms and a denim skirt, is an architecture major. She lives in White Hall and enjoys going to the park, as well as visiting museums and looking at old buildings for inspiration.

“I like 111 Huntington. It is controversial,” said Bergin.

The Northeastern News: You are an architecture major. Does being around style and design all day influence the way you dress?

Amanda Bergin: When you are in the studio for so many hours, you tend to dress down a lot. When I want to get a lot done for the day, I like to look nice. It puts me in a good mood.

The News: Can you describe your personal style?

Bergin: My style used to include Express stuff, but now it leans toward the more conservative style, with more neutral colors.

The News: Who is your favorite architect?

Bergin: Frank Lloyd Wright, he wears a cape.

The News: Does the minimalist, airy, country style that Wright is famous for influence the way you dress?

Bergin: I never thought of it that way, but yes.

The News: Do you have a routine in the morning?

Bergin: When I get ready, I shower, use make-up, then do my hair, and then the outfit, which can take a while, about 30 minutes.

The News: Is there a certain look that you wish you could wear, but fear that you won’t be able to pull off?

Bergin: I think my roommate dresses well. She can wear the brightest colors and still look good. I have to match mine. I try to be more mainstream.

The News: Do you have any fashion obsessions?

Bergin: I love my big shoes.

The News: In the future when you become a big-time architect, what look do you want to have?

Bergin: I want to look very professional, but on the edge. I would wear lots of suits and muted colors. I want to travel a lot, and I hope that will impact the way I dress.