WRBB Presents: Spring Music Concert

With cabin fever and senoritis spreading around campus, it is only fair that we have a pre-final exam stress reliever. This form of medication will be brought to us by WRBB via their Spring Music Concert.

On Saturday, May 10, NU’s campus will be overtaken by the banging beats of drums and bass as well as the word gymnastics of various lyricists. There will be a total of 21 bands performing throughout the day. Centennial Quad will be the destination for hip-hop heads, this is where rap group The Beatnuts will take the stage along with numerous local hip-hop acts including Urban Explosion, BREAK and The Breed, to name a few. The Resident Student Association will also have performances for the residents of West Village and the rest of the student body to enjoy. The genre of music that will be seen there will be reggae and ska. Festivities will kick off at high noon in both quads. This event is free of charg., Students can expect “lots of music from up and coming artists in and around the Boston area along with top quality headliners,” said Blake Jenssen, general manager of WRBB.

This is the first year for WRBB’s Spring Music Concert and it may very well be the last. Due to Semester Conversion, students will be long gone by the time May rolls around next year. Another option that the station is possibly exploring is beefing up their annual Freshman Block Party or having an annual fall concert to compensate for not having a spring showcase.

Students are urged to go out and enjoy the event. There will be giveaways, prizes and free food.