Two days, thirty-one bands

Cancel all plans for the weekend. The fourth annual Iodine Fest has arrived to provide two full days of music, at two different venues, with two stages each featuring a total of 31 bands.

The festival of music is to be held on April 18 and 19. Doors open at 4 p.m. on Friday at the YWCA, 7 Temple Street, in Cambridge’s Central Square. Tickets are available on a first-come basis only and are priced at $10 a day. Saturday’s venue will be at the Mass Art North Hall, 621 Huntington Avenue in Boston. Doors open at 2 p.m.

The Iodine Fest is the collaboration between Casey Horrigan, owner of Iodine Recordings, and partner Reuben Bettsak.

“We want Iodine to be a positive event for all the bands, friends and people in the audience,” says Horrigan.

The eight bands signed to Iodine Recordings, as well as 23 other bands, will be performing over the two day festival.

“All of these bands have had some sort of relationship with Iodine. They are good friends that I have done lots of work with in the past,” Horrigan said.

Some of the bands on the line up are Eyes Like Knives, Junction 18, and Kill Verona.

Iodine Recordings was started six years ago by Horrigan as a way to promote his friends’ bands. After producing his first compilation CD, “Ghost in the Gears,” the label began to prosper. Since then it has grown to include an extremely diverse array of sounds. The distant melodic harmony and eerily calming female vocals of Gregor Samsa, all the way to the dirty guitar and raw lyrics of Garrison illustrate just how different Iodine’s bands can be.

“We wanted to create an extremely diverse roster, to be the label that puts out really good records from really good bands,” Horrigan said.

“We only put out music that we really like. We’re not trying to sign the next big Aerosmith.”

— Andrea Mazzara

News Correspondent