Crime Log

By Bobby Mullen, News Correspondent

Wednesday, April 7
10:30 a.m
A student reported he parked his bicycle outside of International Village (IV) on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. and locked it with a cable lock. The bike and lock were gone when he returned at 9 p.m. the same day.

A Resident Assistant (RA) reported the odor of marijuana from a room in Willis Hall. Responding Northeastern University Department of Public Safety (NUPD) officers found people in a room who had been smoking from a bong and pipes. The paraphernalia was confiscated along with less than an ounce of marijuana. All the students will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Officers were called to West Village B where there was a reported argument between a student and her former boyfriend, a Bentley student. He had left and officers were called because after he left it was reported to her that he had called someone and indicated he was very upset and might do something in retaliation from their argument. He was contacted and told he was not welcomed back to campus.

Thursday, April 8

1 a.m.
A female student reported receiving harassing e-mails from a male acquaintance. The e-mails concerned a dispute about money he owed her. Later that day, detectives spoke with him and informed him that his method of communication was inappropriate and he agreed to not have further contact with her.

A US Postal Service employee brought a package to Northeastern University Division of Public Safety that contained a large amount of marijuana. The package was taken to the resident and opened in front of him, where it was confirmed that the package contained marijuana. The resident said he was not expecting a package of any kind. He will be reported to Office of Conduct and Conflict Resolution.

11 a.m.
A student learned from relatives who said that they had sent her birthday cards, which she never received, so she reported her mail stolen. The gift card mailed by one relative had already been used.

A caller reported a burning odor in West Village B. The resident admitted she smoked off campus, but the room smelled like recently burnt marijuana. She will be reported to OSCCR.

A student left her room in IV at about 6:30 p.m. and returned to her and her roommate’s laptops missing. The door was propped open with the deadbolt lock when she returned. Both roommates believed they had locked the door before they left.

A group of high school aged-youths were throwing candy in the Curry Student Center food court area. A student had popcorn dumped on his head by the group and he followed them out of the building. They were off campus before the student contacted NUPD.

Friday, April 9

2 a.m.
An officer on Westland Avenue came across a man holding a woman who was vomiting. The woman had called her boyfriend to help her and said she hoped her coach wouldn’t find out. She was determined to be a Northeastern student and has been reported to OSCCR.

A student plugged her laptop in on the third floor of Snell Library and returned to it missing an hour later.

A group of high school-aged youths became involved in a confrontation near the corner of Tremont Street and Davenport Street. Over the course of the confrontation one of the youths was stabbed by an unknown, unidentified youth. The victim walked to Columbus Avenue with friends who then flagged an officer and asked for medical assistance. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital and the case was passed onto Boston Police Department (BPD). The incident had no link to Northeastern.

3 p.m.
A student left her purse on a shelf in Hurtig Hall during a class at 1 p.m. and returned to it two hours later missing. It contained a passport, credit cards and IDs.

Saturday, April 10
Officers were called to Smith Hall where a student was reportedly unconscious. The 19-year-old student had consumed a significant amount of alcohol and marijuana. When he was revived, he was combatant to EMTs and had to be restrained in order to be taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He will be reported to OSCCR.

An RA reported the odor of marijuana in Smith Hall. Officers responding encountered five people in a room, two students and three guests. During the course of the investigation officers confiscated cocaine, ectasy, paraphernalia and more than an ounce of marijuana. Two students and one guest were arrested for possession of these drugs. Ken Tsundoa, a 19-year-old resident of Smith Hall, was charged with possession of more than an ounce of marijuana, possession with intent to distribute to marijuana, and possession of cocaine. His penalty was increased due to Smith Hall’s proximity to Health Careers Academy, a college preparatory high school. The other student arrested was Harrison Brown, 18, also a Smith Hall resident. He was charged with possession of more than an ounce of marijuana possession with intent to distribute and possession of ecstasy. A guest, Robert Spawn, 21, was signed in by Brown and was charged with possession of cocaine. The other two people in the room were a female student and a male visitor. The two male visitors are both students at Colgate University.

An RA in White Hall discovered a stall divider in the men’s restroom had been completely removed.

6 p.m.
A caller reported a noisy group drinking on the fire escape at 337 Huntington Ave. Officers spoke to an 18-year-old student and his four visitors and confiscated a bottle of vodka. He will be reported to OSCCR.

7 p.m.

An RA reported a bottle had been thrown from a window in Speare Hall shattering on the ground outside, and knew it came from one of two windows. Responding officers found beer and Southern Comfort in one of the rooms, but the residents denied throwing a bottle. Their alcohol was confiscated and they will be reported to OSCCR.

7 p.m.-8 p.m.

About a dozen patrons were evicted or denied entrance to Matthews Arena for the Springfest concert after showing signs of intoxication or disorderly behavior. One 20-year-old student was so intoxicated that she had to be taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Stacy Bolger, a 19-year-old Boston College student, was arrested at the concert for disorderly conduct and assault and battery on an officer. He was extremely intoxicated and attempted to tackle an officer. UPDATE: all charges were dismissed. BPD also reported detaining a BC student outside the arena.

8 p.m.
A 20-year-old female student was found intoxicated and nearly unconscious on Columbus Avenue. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

8 p.m.

An officer saw a woman who appeared to be carrying a bag of wine. As the officer approached she dropped the bag. She was a 20-year-old student who was on her way to Springfest. The wine was bought for her by her 22-year-old male friend, and both were reportedly obnoxious toward officers. He will be charged with providing alcohol to a minor and both will be reported to OSCCR.

An officer on Columbus Avenue came upon a female screaming and bleeding from the nose. She was the younger sister of a male student. An investigation revealed that they siblings had been involved in a heated argument and the male student caused the injury to her nose. He was arrested for domestic assault.

Sunday, April 11
2 a.m.

A proctor at Loftman Hall denied access to a group that appeared severly intoxicated. Responding officers found a 20-year-old student vomiting from excessive consumption of vodka. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

2 a.m.
A student and his girlfriend flagged an officer on patrol on Gainsborough Street. The male student said he had been punched in the face and had a laceration above his eye. He reported a fight in Our House East and said he was acquainted with his assailant. The matter is a BPD case and the student who was punched declined medical treatment but accepted a ride to the hospital. The alleged assailant is not a student.

Monday, April 12
5 p.m.
An officer saw three youths loitering in Centennial Common and saw them use bolt cutters in an attempt to steal a bike. The officer apprehended the three 16-year-olds and they will be summoned to juvenile court. The bike owner was identified as a staff member who said the bike is his primary source of transportation.

An NUPD officer reported his camcorder was taken from his office after leaving it for about 15 minutes.

6 p.m.
A student reported she was concerned for safety as a result of her reporting a man Saturday afternoon who was trying to cut in line outside Springfest. She mentioned to an officer that he was attempting to cut and the officer asked him to go to the end of the line. During the concert, the man was seated near the student and she claimed he berated her and swore at her the entire concert. She reported she doesn’t know who she is, but she will call as soon as she sees him again.

9 p.m.
A student reported she had left her wallet in the Cyber Cafe in Snell Library three hours earlier and returned to it missing.