Northeastern Crime Log

By Jennifer Nelson

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Friday, July 1 7:15 p.m. A 21-year-old student reported that when he returned to his apartment in West Village A, he found his X-Box missing. His roommate had left the apartment unlocked when he left in the morning.

Saturday, July 2 1 a.m. An NUPD officer stopped a man walking an empty wheelchair down Columbus Avenue. He was apparently intoxicated and claimed the wheelchair, which had markings of the Boston Medical Center, was his. Robert Guarneri, 24, of New York, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, possession of stolen property and possession of marijuana. He has no affiliation with Northeastern, and was arraigned in Roxbury District Court the next business day.

Sunday, July 3 4:30 a.m. Officers responded to Davenport A on reports a suspicious person had entered the lobby asking for help. Officers questioned the man, who claimed he was being followed by a black car. Officers found the man, Mark Owens, 40, of Hyde Park, was wanted in Worcester for failure to appear in court on charges he had used a motor vehicle without authority, and was arrested. He has no affiliation with Northeastern.

10 p.m. The security representative at Davenport B reported a resident had just entered the building, appearing to be very intoxicated. The 23-year-old female was found in her apartment and transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for treatment. She will be reported to OSCCR.

Wednesday, July 6 5 a.m. Staff in the Curry Student Center reported a suspicious person they had often seen early in the morning as the building was opening. Steven Mowring, 20, of Boston, was arrested on a default warrant for trespassing. He had also been warned to stay off Northeastern’s campus. He has no affiliation with the university, and was arraigned in Roxbury District Court the next day.

1 p.m. Staff at the Gainsborough Parking Garage reported a car had been parked there for several days. Officers responded and found the license plates matched a stolen car, but not the car itself. Officers contacted the owner of the car, who claimed the car broke down and that he had no idea about the stolen license plates. His car was towed. He is not affiliated with Northeastern.

Thursday, July 7 6:15 p.m. A female student reported that while she was walking through Centennial Common, a group of young teenage bicyclists rode by and one of them reached out and touched her inappropriately. He then stopped, apologized, and continued on. Police searched the area, but didn’t find anyone matching the student’s description.

Friday, July 8 12:30 a.m. Boston Police reported a cab driver had called them from Parker Street, claiming he had dropped a fare off outside West Village who did not pay. Officers traced who had entered the building and found a 21-year-old female sleeping in her apartment. She eventually admitted she had been the one who had not paid the fare. She will be reported to OSCCR.

10 a.m. The manager at Wollaston’s at the Marino Center reported he had seen a man take two bottles of milk and walk out. Officers stopped the man several blocks away. The 44-year-old man, who is not affiliated with Northeastern, denied stealing the milk, but the manager identified him. He was warned to stay off campus.

7 p.m. Staff at Renaissance Parking Garage reported they had seen a small group of juveniles running from an upper level of the garage. Later, they discovered two cars with broken windows. One owner, a private day parker with no affiliation with Northeastern, found a cell phone missing from the car. The other car had no items missing.