Crime Log

by Todd Feathers, News Correspondent

Crime Log entry of the week: Saturday, September 25

NUPD officers were called to Smith Hall, where a 23-year-old intoxicated woman had entered the residence hall without signing in. She was unable to tell officers her name or the name of the student she was visiting. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Monday, September 20
10 a.m.
A student reported his jacket stolen from a bathroom in Behrakis Health Sciences Center between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Sept. 16.

8 p.m.
A student reported his bicycle was stolen from a fence on Symphony Road between 6:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.

9 p.m.
A student reported his bicycle was stolen from outside the Marino Recreation Center between noon and 8 p.m.

A student walking on Forsyth Street reported three teenagers stole his laptop and then ran away. NUPD officers are working with the Boston Transit Police to find the thieves.

Tuesday, September 21
A caller reported an argument in White Hall. When officers arrived, they discovered Shannon Murphy, 18, got into a fight with her 18-year-old non-student friend she knew from high school, who had a restraining order against Murphy. She was arrested for assault and battery and violating a restraing order and reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

A student reported her wallet, which contained $5, was stolen from outside a raquet ball court in Cabot Physical Recreation Center between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.

A teenager stole an iPhone from the wife of a faculty member inside Dana Research Center. The suspect got away.

Wednesday, September 22
2 p.m.
A staff member reported her wallet, which contained $10, was stolen from her purse in the Egan Engineering Science Research Center between noon and 2 p.m.

The NUPD was notified that a smoke detector was tampered with in a West Village E apartment. When officers arrived they found two students and a marijuana pipe in the room. The NUPD believe that the smoke alarm was disabled by friends of the students, whom the pipe may belong to. They have all been reported to OSCCR.

A student reported his wallet, which contained $20, was stolen from an ATM in the Marino Center, where he left it.

Thursday, September 23
3 p.m.
A student reported his bicycle was stolen from outside West Village E between Friday, Sept. 17 and Wednesday, Sept. 22.

A student reported she lost her wallet on Huntington Avenue. Her credit cards were used off campus before she could cancel them.

Friday, September 24
A student reported his laptop was stolen from a sidewalk on St. Cyprian Avenue.

A student reported the rear wheel of his bicycle was stolen from Centennial Common between 6 a.m. and 1 p.m.

A student in Speare Hall reported her 18-year-old roommate was intoxicated and vomiting. The roommate was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. She will be reported to OSCCR.

Saturday, September 25
A proctor at 337 Huntington Ave. reported that a student who appeared drunk signed in and went upstairs. A Resident Assistant (RA) found a 19-year-old student intoxicated and passed out in his room and called the NUPD. The student was evaluated by EMTs and found to be OK. He was reported to OSCCR.

A student found vomit on the floor of her St. Stephen Street apartment, and her roommate locked in the bathroom. When officers arrived they found the 19-year-old roommate heavily intoxicated. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and reported to OSCCR.

An RA in Smith Hall reported an 18-year-old student vomiting in a bathroom. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and reported to OSCCR.

10 a.m.
A student reported possible identity theft after discovering someone hacked into her Facebook account and downloaded pictures of her personal documents.

8 p.m.
A NUPD officer saw a 21-year-old student hand two cases of beer to two 18-year-old students. They were all reported to OSCCR.

A caller reported a drunk 17-year-old student stumbling down Hemenway Street. The student was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and reported to OSCCR.

11 p.m.
NUPD received notice that someone had violated the roof door alarm of 110 St. Stephen St. When officers arrived they found three 19-year-old students sitting on the roof with marijuana. The students were reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, September 26
A student told officers she was assaulted by another student as she was leaving a party on Symphony Road. She was later able to identify Anthony Bitetto, 20, as the perpetrator. He was arrested for indecent assault and battery and reported to OSCCR.

An RA in Speare Hall reported seeing a student asleep on a couch in the lobby. The student was drinking the night before and received a black eye in a fight. He was reported to OSCCR.

3 a.m.
A student reported his 22-year-old non-student friend was unconscious in his apartment at 118 Hemenway St. The friend was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

NUPD officers were called to International Village (INV) where a student reported a man writing with a marker on the wall. Officers arrested Alec Selinger, 18, for wanton destruction of private property, and was reported to OSCCR.

8 p.m.
Officers outside INV saw an intoxicated 21-year-old man fall. He was accompanied by an intoxicated 18-year-old student who refused to cooperate with officers. The student was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and reported to OSCCR.