Crime Log

by Todd Feathers, News Correspondent

Monday, October 4
4 p.m.
A student reported her phone was stolen from a table in the Stetson East dining hall, where she left it unattended for five minutes.

A student reported his bicycle stolen from outside Davenport A between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. Two young men were seen stealing the bicycle on video camera, but they have not been identified.

Tuesday, October 5
9 a.m.
Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) officers searched the room of an 18-year-old student in Smith Hall as part of an ongoing drug investigation. Small amounts of marijuana and ecstasy were found. The student was reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

A staff member in the Mugar Life Sciences Building reported a computer, last seen a week earlier, missing from a lab on the fourth floor. The spare key to the lab was also missing.

10 p.m.
NUPD officers responded to calls from Smith Hall about a fight between two roommates over a pair of broken headphones. After interviewing the two roommates, the officers arrested Alexander Sinyak, 19, for assault and battery. Both roommates were relocated and Sinyak was reported to OSCCR.

NUPD officers observed Christopher Bouldin, 23, standing outside Churchill Hall. The officers knew Bouldin was not allowed on campus due to prior trespassing violations, and he was arrested once again for trespassing.

Wednesday, October 6
2 p.m.
A student returning to her apartment at 331 Huntington Ave. discovered her door kicked in. When NUPD officers arrived, the apartment was empty but had been burglarized. A laptop, iPod, jewelry and a wallet containing a small amount of money were found to be missing.

A student reported he suspected a friend stole his wallet to hold as ransom for money the student owed him. When officers interviewed the friend he admitted he took the wallet, but immediately took it to lost and found. No money was missing from the wallet, and it was returned to its owner. Both students were reported to OSCCR.

8  p.m.
A student in West Village G told an RA his roommate frequently smoked drugs in their room. The roommate admitted to smoking, but denied doing it in the room. He was reported to OSCCR.

NUPD officers searched the room of an 18-year-old student in Smith Hall as part of an ongoing drug investigation. They found a pipe, rolling papers and grinder containing marijuana residue. The student was reported to OSCCR.

Thursday, October 7
Two students reported they were approached outside the Massachusetts Avenue T station by a drunk man who attempted to punch and kick them. Neither was harmed.

9 a.m.
NUPD officers searched the room of an 18-year-old student in International Village (INV) as part of an ongoing drug investigation. A variety of marijuana paraphernalia was found. The student claimed the paraphernalia belonged to a friend, but the friend denied ownership. Both students were reported to OSCCR.

A bookstore staff member reported a man trying to sell stolen books back to the bookstore. Officers arrived and arrested Richard Parsons, 46, a former Northeastern student who is now homeless. Parsons was also wanted on outstanding warrants for identity fraud and larceny. He was taken to Boston Medical Center to be treated for depression.

NUPD officers searched the room of an 18-year-old student in Stetson East as part of an ongoing drug investigation. They found marijuana, a bong and a large knife. The student and his roommate were reported to OSCCR.

11 p.m.
A 19-year-old student’s wallet was turned in to lost and found. The wallet contained two IDs, one of them fake. The student was reported to OSCCR.

Friday, October 8
2 p.m.
Two men attempted to rob a student waiting for the elevator outside of West Village E. The student screamed and ran away, and the suspects ran the other direction. She was not harmed.

A student returning to her apartment at 108 Hemenway St. found her door kicked in. Two laptops, an iPod, a camera and a cell phone were stolen. NUPD officers believe the burglary may be related to the similar incident at 331 Huntington Ave. on Wednesday, October 6.

The manager of Symphony Market reported a student urinated on the shelves in the rear of the store then made a purchase with his credit card. Officers were able to identify the student using the record of his credit card purchase. He has not been located yet.

Saturday, October 9
NUPD officers on Tremont Street saw two men carrying a drunk 18-year-old student. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and reported to OSCCR.

An officer on Huntington Avenue saw a drunk 20-year-old student laying in the grass near Speare Hall. EMTs evaluated her and allowed her to return home with a friend. She was reported to OSCCR.

An officer outside West Village F saw two men carrying a drunk 20-year-old student. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and reported to OSCCR.

A student reported her wallet and cell phone were stolen from a table at afterHOURS, where she left them unattended for five minutes.

NUPD officers were called to INV where they found a drunk 18-year-old student lying in the hallway. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and reported to OSCCR.

3 p.m.
A student reported his bicycle stolen from Cabot Court between 4 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday.

The manager of Wollaston’s Market reported a student from the University of Rhode Island was caught shoplifting. The student issued a trespassing ban and will not be allowed on campus again.

An RA in West Village C reported a drunk student in the lobby. Officers arrived and found Phillip Kerr, 22, who was wanted on an outstanding warrant for not appearing in court. Kerr became combative and had to be restrained in order to be taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. When he was released from the hospital, Kerr was arrested on the outstanding warrant and reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, October 10
A proctor in Melvin Hall reported a student gave her ID to a friend in order to sign in guests. When officers arrived they found the student was drunk and had to be taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. She was reported to OSCCR.

A student in INV called NUPD to report her drunk 18-year-old friend needed medical attention. The friend was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and reported to OSCCR.

A staff member in the Mugar Life Sciences Building reported a suspicious man walking through the corridors checking doorknobs. When officers arrived they found a 48-year-old man, with an arrest history of breaking and entering, who claimed he was looking for a bathroom. Nothing was stolen, so the man was released and issued a trespassing ban.

Monday, October 11
6 p.m.
A student in Stetson East reported his roommate had two knives and threatened to kill him during an argument. After interviewing both roommates, officers arrested Yao-Ting Huang, 18, for assault with a dangerous weapon. Both students were temporarily relocated, and Huang has been reported to OSCCR.

A student reported her bicycle stolen from outside Matthews Arena between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.

Tuesday, October 12
1 a.m.
NUPD officers were called to INV to investigate the smell of marijuana. Officers discovered two 19-year-old students in a room with marijuana. Neither student lives in the room, but one of the residents was found and admitted he knew his friends were smoking in his room. All three students were reported to OSCCR.