Crime Log

By Bobby Mullen, News Correspondent

Tuesday, April 13

7 p.m.

A student reported his bicycle was missing. He had left it outside 319 Huntington Ave. unlocked on March 13 and reported it missing April 13.

Wednesday April 14

10:30 p.m.

A Northeastern University Department of Public Safety (NUPD) officer saw three males each carrying a 12-pack of beer on Gainsborough Street. When they saw the officer, they ducked into an alley where the officer stopped them. Two 19-year-olds had put down the beer they were carrying and tried to walk away. The third student, a 21-year-old, said he bought all the beer and the others were helping him carry it. The beer was confiscated and all three will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Thursday, April 15

1 a.m.

An officer saw a man urinating on the side of the Fenway Center. The officer approached him and asked for identification, and the man was uncooperative and made an offensive ethnic remark to an officer. He eventually produced ID and was proven to be a 19-year-old student. He will be reported to OSCCR.

12 p.m.

A law school student reported that a bulletin board used by his student organization had been vandalized on the second floor of Knowles Center for the third time in recent weeks. The Dean’s office was also informed and will formulate a response on behalf of the law school.

6:30 p.m.

A student reported his Vespa motorscooter had been stolen from the West Campus Quad. He parked it the evening before and did not lock it. A friend told the student he had seen his scooter 90 minutes prior to the report.

Friday, April 16

7:30 a.m.

The manager of the Marino Center Wollaston’s reported he was detaining a shoplifter. The shoplifter was an alumnas who admitted putting over-the-counter medication in her pocket before she finished shopping. The manager has decided to file a criminal complaint in the matter.

1 p.m.

The residence hall staff at Smith Hall reported repeated vandalism on the upper floors of the hall.

3:30 p.m.

A resident of International Village (IV) reported the theft of the laundry that she had placed in a machine.

6:30 p.m.

A resident of Kennedy Hall reported that his roommate had made unauthorized online purchases after a charge to the complainant’s credit card. The student who reported the theft had left his credit card number on his desk. He noticed charges and confronted his roommate, who admitted using the card. The student has been reported to OSCCR, and much of the credit card purchases were cancelled before they were shipped.

7:30 p.m.

A student reported the theft of her wallet from the Snell Library. She had left it unattended on several occasions earlier in the afternoon.

Saturday, April 17

12:30 a.m.

Three male students reported that upon returning to their room in Loftman Hall their iPods and wallets had been stolen. They admitted they never lock their door. Later in the day Saturday, a female they don’t know came to their room and returned the stolen possessions. She said she heard about the theft and confronted her friends, who gave her the items. Her identity is unknown.

1:15 a.m.

NUPD officiers responded to a report of a female being assaulted in the lobby of 97 St. Stephen Street. The student said she was smoking in the lobby and a man began arguing with her about smoking in a building. The argument escalated and the man struck her. Responding officers stopped the suspect, who admitted he had an argument and that he swung his arm to knock out her cigarette, but denied striking her. She was unable to positively identify the man, and he was sent on his way.

2:15 am.

NUPD officers were alerted of an assault near Cabot Court on Huntington Avenue. Responding officers found a man outside Cabot with a facial laceration who told NUPD they had exchanged words and fists with a group on Huntington Avenue. He chose not to press charges.

2:30 a.m.

Two students reported that they had been at an event in Cambridge and the event had also been attended by a fellow student who they said punched both of the students. They were told the female’s name and looked her up on Facebook before reporting it. The matter will be deferred to the Cambridge Police Department.

2:30 a.m.

An intoxicated man in White Hall admitted he drank a dozen vodka shots. The 18-year-old student was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

2:30 p.m.

A student reported she left her laptop unattended on the second floor of the Curry Student Center for three minutes and returned to it missing.

8:45 p.m.

A woman approached an NUPD officer at afterHOURS and told him there was a woman passed out in a nearby bathroom. Responding officers woke up the 18-year-old student who was intoxicated and admitted to drinking vodka. She had no personal belongings and didn’t know why she was in Curry Student Center. She told officers she was very tired to she went to the bathroom to take a nap. She was taken home to her residence hall and will be reported to OSCCR.

11:30 p.m.

A student reported leaving her wallet unattended on a table in afterHOURS and returned to it missing. It had about $100 in it.

Sunday, April 18

2 a.m.

A Resident Assistant (RA) in IV went to the room of a 19-year-old female student to check on her after learning that she had been drinking earlier in the night. There was no answer, so the RA entered the room and found the student passed out due to intoxication. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and reported to OSCCR.

1:30 p.m.

A female student had made a Craigslist posting in attempt to sublet her apartment. She received a check in the mail for several thousand dollars from out of the country. It was accompanied by a note that claimed interest in the apartment, and told the student to deposit the check and return the difference to the sender. She nearly did it, but was warned by a friend it might be a scam, which it was.

Moday, April 19

8:30 a.m.

A staff member in a first-floor office in Richards Hall discovered a door had been forced opened sometime between the afternoon on April 18 and the morning on April 19. Three laptops were missing.

7 p.m.

A caller reported a woman who seemed to be in distress on the steps outside 337 Huntington Ave. Responding officers took a 19-year-old intoxicated student to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Her friends with her outside told officers that she had been drinking at a party inside the building. An investigation into the party is ongoing. She will be reported to OSCCR.