Crime Log

By Nick Mendez

Crime log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Crime Log Entry of the Week Sunday, May 13 1 a.m. A 22-year-old male student walking on the corner of Hemenway and Gainsborough streets reported a passing car stopped next to him. A man then stepped out, approached him, threw a pie in his face, ran back to the car and drove away. The student did not get the license plate number.

Monday, May 7 1 p.m. A 20-year-old male student living in an off-campus apartment on Hemenway Street reported he was awakened by someone knocking loudly on his door, demanding to come in. The student’s door was ajar and as he approached the door, a stranger entered. The stranger was speaking loudly and appeared intoxicated. The student yelled for his neighbors who came into the hallway, and the man quickly left the apartment. A neighbor said the man was a new tenant who had accidentally gone to the wrong apartment. Northeastern Police Department (NUPD) located him and confirmed the story. The 24-year-old man apologized for the intrusion.

Tuesday, May 8 5 p.m. The cabinet housing the flat-screen television in Stetson East was damaged in an unsuccessful attempt to steal the television.

Wednesday, May 9 1 a.m. An officer on patrol on Columbus Avenue noticed a car operating recklessly. The officer followed it around the corner to Tremont Street where the vehicle stopped. The driver became very disorderly when the officer asked for a license and registration. NUPD arrested 27-year-old Nicholas Ring for disorderly conduct. Boston Police Department (BPD) officers also responded to the scene and arrested his 26-year-old girlfriend, a Northeastern alumna for disorderly conduct and assaulting a police officer.

11:30 a.m. A female staff member reported locking her bicycle outside Squashbusters four days earlier, and upon her return, both the bicycle and its cable lock were missing.

4:30 p.m. Two female students, 23 and 20-years-old, reported their cell phones stolen after they left them unattended in the Behrakis Health Science Center Speech and Language Clinic. One of the students said her wallet, which contained $600, was missing from her backpack and various IDs scattered on the floor.

Thursday, May 10 9:30 p.m. NUPD overheard a BPD radio broadcast reporting a robbery on Beacon Street committed by four or five teenage male suspects who had fled toward campus. NUPD officers stopped several suspects who fit the description. BPD officers brought the victim to NUPD headquarters. He positively identified one of the teenagers apprehended, a 17-year-old male. BPD officers arrested him for robbery. The other four males were questioned but later released.

Saturday, May 12 5:30 p.m. A 23-year-old male student reported locking his bicycle outside Hayden Hall. Upon return his bicycle and its lock were missing.

5:30 p.m. A 21-year-old male student and a male alumnus became involved in an argument after a basketball game in the Marino Center. The alumnus reported that the student assaulted him. Marino staff banned the student from returning to the facilities pending a ruling from the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR). The alumnus did not press criminal charges.

Monday, May 14 5:30 p.m. An officer on bicycle patrol on Parker Street passed by a stopped car that smelled of marijuana. The officer questioned the 26-year-old male driver who admitted to smoking marijuana and turned over about two-dozen prescription pills. The driver did not have a proper prescription and will be summonsed to Roxbury District Court on the charge of illegal possession.

Tuesday, May 15 2:30 p.m. The staff in the Renaissance Parking Garage reported several teenagers writing graffiti on the walls. NUPD officers detained a 16-year-old male who was released with a warning to his parent’s custody.

Wednesday, May 16 7 a.m. A caller reported seeing a man carrying a handgun walk down Huntington Avenue and go into a convenience store. NUPD officers responded and met with the store clerk, who pointed out the man on the sidewalk. Officers detained a 48-year-old homeless man who claimed to have found the gun in an alley, at which point he walked into the store and handed the gun to the clerk. Upon further inspection, police determined it was a BB-gun. The man was wanted on several warrants for drug, theft and trespassing charges. BPD arrested him on those warrants. Thursday, May 17 10 a.m. A 21-year-old male student reported his bicycle missing from outside the Curry Student Center food court where it was left the night before.

9:30 p.m. BPD officers contacted NUPD to report an armed robbery in the Fens. Two male suspects had fled through the park toward campus. NUPD detained one suspect on Leon Street and another on Forsyth Street. The victim positively identified both suspects. BPD arrested both men for armed robbery. The victim reported being robbed at gunpoint, but no weapon was recovered. BPD has not yet disclosed the ages or names of the arrested.

Saturday, May 18 4:30 p.m. BPD contacted NUPD reporting a man had robbed the Radioshack and the CVS on Massachusetts Avenue. In each case the man had threatened the clerk with a hypodermic needle. No suspect was apprehended.