Northeastern Crime Log

By Kate Augusto

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Crime Log Entry of the Week Monday, August 27 8 p.m. Gerald Pack, 37, also known as the “One-Armed Push Up Man,” was approached by an officer on Westland Avenue because Pack appeared to be engaging in a drug transaction with two other people. When the officer approached, the two other men ran. Pack was arrested on a default warrant with the Boston Police Department for failing to show up for court on drug related charges.

Tuesday, August 14 4 p.m. A Northeastern Police Department (NUPD) officer saw a man in his 20s riding a bike while pulling another along with him on Columbus Avenue. He was riding with a second person and both fled when they saw the officer. The officer caught up with them and arrested Jerermy Wallace, 20, for disorderly conduct for fleeing and resisting arrest.

Wednesday, August 15 11:30 p.m. A fight was reported at Carter Park on Columbus Avenue between youth league football players who were reportedly fighting because of a neighborhood rivalry in the football league. One of the youths had a knife and was arrested by the Boston Police Department (BPD). Thursday, August 16 10:30 p.m. Someone reported a loud party at 214 Hemenway. NUPD officers responded and found two 21-year-old male students hosting a party attended by a large number of underage students. The hosts of the party will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Friday, August 17 4 p.m. A male staff member reported having his car window broken while it was parked in the Renaissance parking garage. His GPS system was stolen.

Tuesday, August 21 2 p.m. A staff member reported having a $100 money order missing from her desk in Calamine Hall. There was no forced entry into the building or office.

10 p.m. A 20-year-old-male student was found smoking marijuana on campus. His pipe and a small amount of marijuana were confiscated. He will be reported to OSCCR.

Wednesday, August 22 5 p.m. A fight was reported in Kennedy Hall between a male and female, both 20-year-old students, who were arguing because they had just broke up and she had gone into his apartment and took back gifts that she gave him while they were dating. She was threatened with larceny charges and demanded to give the gifts back.

Thursday, August 23 10:30 a.m. Rick Knight, 18, of Roxbury was found in Snell Library on a computer after having been told previously to stay away. He was arrested for trespassing.

Friday, August 24 7 p.m. Tyrone Young, 26, of Hyde Park was found in Snell Library and was arrested for trespassing after having been told previously to stay away.

Wednesday, August 29th 10:30 p.m. An NUPD officer approached a male non-student who was standing behind the Latino/a Student Cultural Center. The man, Todd Johnson, 22, of Boston, was urinating. Johnson was arrested as he was wanted by Medford Police for motor vehicle violations.

Thursday, August 30 1:30 p.m. A female student reported receiving threatening telephone calls and text messages from an ex-boyfriend. NUPD is currently investigating.

4 p.m. A 23-year-old law student reported that her apartment at 335 Huntington Ave. was broken into the previous day. She waited to report it because she wasn’t sure her apartment had been broken into until she realzied her iPod was missing.

Thursday, August 30 8 p.m. A woman parked at Renaissance Parking Garage reported that someone stole coins out of the ashtray in her car after unzipping the top of her Jeep.

10 p.m. A 22-year-old male student reported his wallet missing at Qdoba. Staff there found it but $50 was missing.

Friday, August 31 1 a.m. A Residence Assistant in Kennedy Hall reported the smell of marijuana coming from one of the rooms. NUPD discovered five male students, all 18-years-old, with pipes and some marijuana. The students will be reported to OSSCR.

9:30 p.m. An 18-year-old female student reported her laptop missing from her room. She had moved her property into her residence Aug. 24 and when she returned to live there she found her laptop missing. NUPD is investigating. Saturday, September 1 2 a.m. An NUPD officer found a 23-year-old male student urinating on the sidewalk on Gainsborough Street. He had just left a bar and was walking back to his apartment on Massachusetts Avenue.

8:30 p.m. An NUPD officer witnessed a 21-year-old male student from Worcester Polytechnic Institute buy beer for a 20-year-old female student from Suffolk University. Campus police at both schools were notified.

Sunday, September 2 12:30 a.m. NUPD received a noise complaint from Davenport A. Four 19-year-old male residents were observed with empty beer cans, gin and rum in their room. Their alcohol was confiscated and they will be reported to OSCCR.

3 a.m. An NUPD officer stopped three males on Forsyth Street who were carrying beer and liquor. Two of the males were 20-year-old students and the third was a 21-year-old -visitor. The two 20-year-olds will be reported to OSCCR.

Monday, September 3 8:30 a.m. Officials at University Health and Counciling Services called NUPD after a 19-year-old-male was treated for a sore shoulder and bruised face which he said he got from being jumped early that morning. He and his friends had apparently been riding their bikes on Parker Street after midnight when a fistfight broke out with another group of people. No one reported the incident when it happened.

2:30 p.m. A 17-year-old male student reported his wallet stolen after he left it unattended in the lobby of Mathews Arena during Convocation. It had about $45 and an MBTA pass in it.

8:30 p.m. An NUPD officer saw two 19-year-old male students and a 21-year-old male student carrying beer balls outside Hollywood Liquors. The 21-year-old claimed it was all his. The beer balls were confiscated and all three will be reported to OSSCR.

Tuesday, September 4 2 a.m. An NUPD officer saw a 23 year-old-male student walking down Huntington Avenue near Gainsborough Street holding a piece of chalk and writing over the sides of buildings. The officer told him repeatedly to stop, but he didn’t. He stopped only after being threatened with arrest.

2:30 a.m. An NUPD officer found two 18-year-male students, another 18-year old male non-student, and a 21-year-old male non-student outside The Fens smoking marijuana. The two students will be reported to OSCCR.

3 a.m. An NUPD officer patrolling Symphony Road came across a 19-year-old female student walking unsteadily with an open container of beer. She was accompanied by an 18-year-old male from Suffolk University who was also holding a can of beer. Both were cooperative and neither was intoxicated enough to be hospitalized. The female student will be reported to OSCCR and the male student was reported to the Dean of Students and the campus police at Suffolk.