Northeastern Crime Log

By Kate Augusto

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Entry of the week Friday, November 2 8:30 p.m. Staff at Matthews Arena asked an NUPD officer to speak to a Northeastern fan during the hockey game because he was standing on a seat drinking something dark from a plastic water bottle while yelling profanities to the other team. The officer asked him to step off the seat but he refused. The officer finally convinced him to step into the lobby, where the fan identified himself as a 20-year-old male student. The liquid he was drinking was found to be rum and coke. He was asked to leave the game and will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution.

Wednesday, October 31 3:30 p.m. A staff member reported her wallet stolen after she left her handbag in the foyer of the Sacred Space in Ell Hall during a service. By the time it was reported, her credit card had already been used at four separate ATM machines, with a total of $2,000 withdrawn. A video at one of the ATMs, located off campus, showed a man withdrawing the money. ATM logs showed he guessed her PIN number, which was her birthday, on the second try. Northeastern Division of Public Safety (NUPD) officers are distributing photos of the man taken from the ATM machine to staff.

Thursday, November 1 1 a.m. A Resident Assistant (RA) reported an intoxicated 18-year-old student vomiting on the second floor of Speare Hall. She will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

1:30 p.m. An 18-year-old student reported that his roommate smokes marijuana in their apartment. He said he’s told his roommate to stop many times but the roommate has not. The roommate denied that he smokes at all but has been reported to OSCCR anyway.

6:30 p.m. An anonymous caller reported smelling marijuana from an apartment at 165 Hemenway St. NUPD officers went to the apartment and a 20-year-old male student resident opened the door. Officers found vodka and marijuana in the apartment. The resident will be reported to OSCCR.

Saturday, November 3 2 p.m. A 21-year-old student reported her wallet missing after she left it in the lobby of Burstein Hall when signing in. There were $40 and several credit cards in her wallet. NUPD is investigating.

9 p.m. An RA on the second floor of Burstein Hall reported smelling marijuana. When NUPD officers responded, no one was in the apartment where the smell was coming from. NUPD is still investigating.

Sunday, November 4 12:30 a.m. A resident from The Fenway reported loud noise coming from an apartment at 80 The Fenway for the second night in a row. When NUPD officers went the first night, the 20-year-old student who lived there kept the noise down after he was warned. When NUPD officers went the second night, they found a full beer ball and a game of beer pong set up in the apartment. The beer was confiscated and the student will be reported to OSCCR.

1:30 a.m. An NUPD officer driving on Hemenway Street saw a fire on one of the metal tables on the patio of Stetson West. When the officer got out, he saw an 18-year-old student fanning the fire. The officer asked him what he was doing and he said he was lighting a fire on the table and that he had already done it to another table. The officer found another table with black soot on it. The student will be reported to OSCCR.

1:30 a.m. An NUPD officer saw a person urinating in the parking lot on Burke Street. After approaching the person, the officer identified him as David Bard, 43, of Boston. Bard, who claims to be homeless, is wanted on outstanding warrants, including one for failing to register as a sex offender. While speaking with NUPD officers at the station, Bard assaulted and injured an officer. Bard is being charged with assault and battery on a police officer.

2 p.m. An 18-year-old female student reported that she was receiving harassing and intimidating phone calls from another 20-year-old female student acquaintance. They had been having a personal dispute for a few weeks. An NUPD officer contacted the acquaintance and warned her to have no contact with the 18-year-old student. Both students are members of the same student organization and their advisor also spoke to the acquaintance. She will also be reported to OSCCR.

Monday, November 5 1:30 a.m. Two male students, saw two men cutting the lock off a bike on the Stetson West patio. The students called NUPD and gave them a description of the men. An NUPD officer spotted the men on Forsyth Street and stopped them. The students were picked up and driven to where the suspects were and identified them. The suspects had the bike, bolt cutters, a small amount of marijuana and 43 Dove deodorants. The suspects were arrested. One of them, Cheval Holmes,37, of Dorchester, is being charged with larceny and malicious destruction. He was also wanted on a warrant for shoplifting in West Roxbury. The other man, Ronald Green, 37 of Dorchester. He is being charged with malicious destruction, larceny and possession of marijuana. None of the late night supermarkets checked knew if they had deodorant stolen. No one has reported their bike missing which is in possession of NUPD.

2:30 p.m. A staff member in Meserve Hall left her office door open for about a half hour while she was in a meeting down the hall. When she returned, her wallet had been stolen. The wallet was in her bag which was visible from the hallway, and had a small amount of cash and credit cards in it.

2:30 p.m. An RA reported offensive writings written on a sign on a wall on the third floor of White Hall.

7 p.m. A 22-year-old male student reported his GPS stolen from his car parked in the Columbus parking lot. The window of his car was also broken. He had been parked there from noon until just before 7 p.m.