Northeastern Crime Log

By Matt Collette

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Entry of the week Saturday, November 10 9:30 p.m. A Resident Assistant (RA) from 319 Huntington Ave. reported smelling a strong odor of marijuana coming from an apartment occupied by four male students. When the RA was let in, he noticed that none of the room’s residents were there, but an 18-year-old female, a 17-year-old male and an 18-year-old male were in the room. The three people in the room were all students and they will be reported to OSCCR. Later in the evening, one of the room’s residents called NUPD and said he didn’t know who the people in his room were.

Tuesday, November 6 2 p.m. Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) officers were called to White Hall after an 18-year-old male student reportedly threatened his 19-year-old male roommate. The dispute started when the 19-year-old locked the door when he wasn’t home, and the 18-year-old wasn’t able to get in because he did not have a key. The threatened roommate moved to a new residence hall and the student who threatened him has been told not to contact his former roommate. He will also be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

2:30 p.m. A proctor in White Hall reported that while a resident was swiping in, another person crawled past the proctor window and into the building. Video cameras helped NUPD officers identify the person sneaking in, who was the roommate of the person swiping in. The 18-year-old male resident said he had been sneaking in for the past few days because his Husky Card would not swipe anymore. He will be reported to OSCCR.

9:30 p.m. Female residents of West Village G reported that while they were in their apartment with the door propped open, a man they didn’t know entered their room, then fled when a resident confronted him. NUPD officers spoke to several other students who said he entered their rooms as well. Video cameras showed a man entering the building a half hour earlier. Officers recognized him as a man who has loitered on campus before. They plan to file trespassing charges against him.

Wednesday, November 7 4:15 p.m. A female student reported that two men got out of a black sedan, approached her and invited her to have a drink with them. She kept walking along Hemenway Street and they repeatedly asked her to go out with them. She turned into an apartment building and spoke to one of the building’s residents until the men walked away. NUPD contacted the Boston Police Department (BPD), who said they had not received complaints of similar incidents.

10 p.m. NUPD officers saw a man, whom they later identified as a 19-year-old non-student, loitering outside Curry Student Center (CSC). He was carrying a backpack he said he found in the bushes. NUPD took the bag, sent the man on his way and contacted the owner of the bag, who said it had been stolen from CSC the night before. Nothing was missing from the bag.

Thursday, November 8 1 a.m. A Resident Assistant (RA) in Kerr Hall reported a 19-year-old male intoxicated student. He admitted he’d had at least nine shots of vodka. Northeastern EMTs evaluated him and he was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance. He will be reported to OSCCR.

8:30 p.m. A 21-year-old male student reported that after he used an ATM on Tremont Street, a man followed him down Columbus Avenue. After noticing he was being followed, the man said to the student, “don’t move.” The student quickly entered the lobby of the Douglass Park apartments and called NUPD. Officers checked the area, but didn’t find anyone who matched the description the student gave.

11 p.m. Staff from a supermarket near Fenway Park reported that they had found a wallet, which had a Northeastern student ID in it. An NUPD officer picked it up, and recognized the student, Scott Dahlen, 21, as someone who had been arrested by NUPD in June for assault and battery. He had not shown up for two pretrial hearings for that charge and a warrant for his arrest had been issued. When Dahlen picked up his wallet, he was arrested.

Saturday, November 10 1:30 a.m. A 19-year-old female who was visiting a Stetson East resident reported leavingt her purse in the building’s laundry room at 1 a.m. When she returned, the bag, which contained her iPod, a credit card, $80 cash and a college ID, was missing.

3:30 a.m. NUPD officers saw three male students on the fire escape at 132 Hemenway St., a leased property, and ordered them to come down. When the three came down, the 23-year-old tried to convince the two 22-year-olds he was on the fire escape with not to cooperate with the officers. Officers separated the men, who said they were trying to visit female residents, who hadn’t answered their phone calls. NUPD found no one in the apartment. All three males will be reported to OSCCR.

8:30 p.m. Two 20-year-old male students and a 21-year-old visitor were ejected from the Northeastern – Boston University (BU) hockey game for kicking the Plexiglas and drinking alcohol from soda bottles behind the BU bench. The game was stopped for about two minutes while the three people were removed.

Sunday, November 11 1 a.m. BPD requested assistance at 610 Columbus Ave. where a loud party was going on, after they had trouble getting in. There was alcohol and beer strewn across the apartment and the three 20-year-old male residents, who are students, were arrested for disorderly conduct. Eleven other underage students were found hiding in the basement. All students will be reported to OSCCR.

Monday, November 12 2:30 a.m. NUPD officers were called to West Village F where there were reports of an unconscious, intoxicated person. Officers found a 17-year-old male student, who was drifting in and out of consciousness in the restroom, being supported by his 17-year-old roommate. The resident was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance and will be reported to OSCCR.

Tuesday, November 13 3 a.m. An RA in Stetson West reported an apparently intoxicated resident vomiting in the third floor men’s bathroom. After arriving, NUPD officers determined the 18-year-old male resident did not need hospitalization and he was sent to his room. He will be reported to OSCCR.

3:30 a.m. As NUPD officers were leaving Stetson West, they heard someone yelling on the second floor. They found an 18-year-old student loudly coming out of the bathroom. Officers could tell he had been drinking, but the student denied it. An RA who was present stated that this was an ongoing problem. The student will be reported to OSCCR.