Northeastern Crime Log

By Matt Collette

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Crime Log Entry of the Week Saturday, November 16 12:30 a.m. Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) police called for assistance because they discovered an intoxicated and disorderly person laying down, partially on the tracks, at the Northeastern T station. He had his T-shirt pulled partially over his head and he had vomited. As MBTA police officers approached, he flailed his legs and spat at them. The 18-year-old student was arrested and will be summonsed to Roxbury District Court. He will also be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution.

Wednesday, November 13 12:30 a.m. A Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) officer on patrol saw a man use bolt cutters to cut through a bike lock outside an apartment at 26 Symphony Rd. Edward Herbert, 31, of Boston was arrested for larceny and possession of burglary tools. NUPD left a note for the bicycle owner inside the building, but so far no one has claimed the bike.

4:30 p.m. A staff member in the Snell Engineering building reported that a table was taken from his office, which was left unlocked and unattended. No one reported seeing anyone leave the building with a table.

Friday, November 15 8 p.m. Snell Library staff members reported an intoxicated man who was acting disorderly. NUPD responded and escorted the 33-year-old, who has no connection to Northeastern, off campus.

4:30 p.m. An NUPD officer patrolling in North Lot saw an 18-year-old male student unloading two beer balls from a taxi. The beer balls were confiscated and the student will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

10:30 p.m. A Resident Assistant (RA) requested NUPD assistance responding to a noise complaint in Melvin Hall. Officers and the RA found a 19-year-old resident and his three guests, two 18-year-old males and an 18-year-old female, inside the room and saw small amounts of marijuana, as well as rolling papers, a pipe and packages of cigars. The students will be reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, November 17 12:30 a.m. NUPD was called to the fifth floor of West Village A because an intoxicated 21-year-old female had vomited. She was taken by ambulance to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for treatment and will be reported to OSCCR.

12:45 a.m. A cab driver flagged down NUPD officers on Hemenway Street and told them a man had run out of his cab without paying. They found the passenger, an 18-year-old male student, nearby. He was extremely intoxicated and claimed to have paid the driver. He ultimately gave the driver the money for his fare and he was taken by ambulance to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for treatment. He will be reported to OSCCR.

2:30 a.m. An RA in Speare Hall saw a 19-year-old man urinating in a third floor hallway. He was the male visitor of an 18-year-old female resident. The host will be reported to OSCCR, where she will be held responsible for the behavior of her guest.

4 a.m. Boston Police called NUPD after finding the student who, earlier in the night, had not paid his cab driver. The student was ringing doorbells on Mission Hill. Apparently, he left Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center without being discharged. Police took him back to the hospital.

8:45 p.m. During the varsity men’s hockey game, an 18-year-old male student was ejected from Matthews Arena for kicking the glass behind the visitor’s team bench. Several hockey players were hit by the shaking glass, but were not injured. The student admitted he had been drinking and will be reported to OSCCR.

9 p.m. Police stopped Robert Jones, 51, of Dorchester, after receiving several reports that someone was acting disorderly in the Snell Library Quad. An officer recognized him as someone who had been arrested on campus several times before and Jones was given several opportunities to leave campus without facing charges. When he continued waving his cane and bothering bystanders, NUPD officers arrested him and he will be summonsed to Roxbury District Court.

11 p.m. A 19-year-old female student found a naked 18-year-old female student unconscious in the fetal position, laying on a pile of her own clothes in a first floor Stetson East room. The student was taken by ambulance to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for treatment and will be reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, November 18 12:45 a.m. Officers were called to West Village E, where ResLife staff had found a 21-year-old male resident passed out on the ground floor near the elevator. The intoxicated student was taken by ambulance to New England Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

2:30 a.m. An RA reported the odor of marijuana outside a sixth floor apartment in West Village A. NUPD responded and questioned several people in the room. The resident, a 25-year-old male student, denied that anyone had been smoking in the room, which officers report smelled strongly of marijuana. The resident and his guests will be reported to OSCCR.

2:30 a.m. An officer outside White Hall saw a 21-year-old male pass two bottles of beer to a 20-year-old female. Neither were Northeastern students. The 21-year-old will be summonsed to Roxbury District Court for procuring alcohol to a minor.

3:30 a.m. NUPD officers saw two men, aged 32 and 36, loitering outside the Parcel 18 construction site and saw one of the men climb over the fence into the construction site. The two men, who have no Northeastern connection, were given trespassing warnings and were sent on their way. They said they were curious about the construction site and nothing has been reported missing or damaged.

3:45 a.m. Female residents of a 122 St. Stevens St. apartment discovered a 20-year-old male student passed out in their bathroom and called NUPD for assistance. Officers found the student on the bathroom floor, covered in his own vomit. They discovered that he lives in the apartment one floor up, but thought he was in his own bathroom. He was taken by ambulance to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for treatment and will be reported to OSCCR.

Tuesday, November 20 2 p.m. An alumnus reported that while she was attending a meeting in the Snell Engineering building someone had taken her wallet, which she had left in a nearby office. Her wallet contained $50 cash, several gift cards and several credit cards, which her bank said had been used multiple times.

4 p.m. A 24-year-old male student reported that his laptop and Playstation console were stolen from his 52 Westland Ave. apartment. He said he had accidentally left his door unlocked between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. while he was at class.

9:30 p.m. Officers responded to reports of a suspicious person in Ryder Hall and found Antoinette Nobles, 34, of Cambridge, on the first floor. She claimed to be an alumnus, but was really a homeless woman who entered the building to use the bathroom. Officers said she was very cooperative, but when asked to leave campus she instead went to NUPD headquarters at Columbus Place to complain that she had been asked to leave and became disorderly. An officer ran her name through a database and found that she was wanted for assault and battery and disorderly conduct and she was arrested.

Sunday, November 25 5 p.m. Two females called NUPD separately, reporting that a man made inappropriate advances toward them. Officers found a 26-year-old male, who is not a Northeastern student, who claimed he was a rap producer who wanted women to come to his studio.

8 p.m. An 18-year-old female student reported receiving harassing text messages and phone calls from her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend, who is not a Northeastern student. The accusations are being investigated.

Monday, November 26 12:30 a.m. An RA at 166 St. Stevens St. requested NUPD assistance responding to a noise complaint. Officers found a door open and saw a 19-year-old female resident sitting at her computer. She refused to acknowledge the officers, who wanted her to turn her computer speakers down. She eventually complied and will be reported to OSCCR.

3 a.m. A 21-year-old male resident of West Village A was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance for severe alcohol intoxication. He will be reported to OSCCR.

Tuesday, November 27 3 a.m. A chemical fire extinguisher was released on the fourth floor of Stetson East. Residents of that floor had to wait for a custodial crew to clean the mess, which took more than an hour, before they could return to their rooms.