Crime Log

By Erin Kelly

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, January 8 7:32 p.m. Officers from the Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) arrived at Stetson West to find an 18-year-old male banging on the door of his 18-year-old ex-girlfriend’s room. The incident, when investigated, appeared to be a miscommunication about the relationship between the two students. They will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR) and Residential Life.

9:33 p.m. An officer patrolling the area near Kerr Hall found tagging and graffiti on the building and bulkhead doors. The graffiti was removed by maintenance.

9:41 p.m. An officer on patrol near 109 Hemenway St. found more graffiti and tagging on the building.

9:48 p.m. A Resident Assistant (RA) at West Village F reported the odor of marijuana coming from a residence hall room. Two 18-year-old male residents and one 18-year-old male student who was not a resident were found in the room. They turned over a ceramic pipe and admitted to smoking prior to the RA’s arrival. All three students will be reported to OSCCR.

Wednesday, January 9 12:30 a.m. A 21-year-old male who was in a car with two young children in the backseat flagged down NUPD on Columbus Avenue near Camden Street. He said he had been in an argument with his 22-year-old girlfriend, neither of whom had any Northeastern affiliation. An officer determined that Boston police were looking for him because he was wanted for assault and battery charges against his girlfriend. NUPD turned him over to Boston police.

8:04 a.m. A report indicated that a theft had occurred at Matthew’s Arena during the holiday break. Some hockey jackets were taken from the locker room. The theft is under investigation.

12:58 p.m. A student reported leaving his Husky ID in the computer lab at Snell Library. When he returned, his ID was missing. He learned there were two charges on his card from food stands at Curry Student Center. He has since canceled his card.

1:40 p.m. A woman with no university affiliation entered the NUPD station and said her pocket book was stolen the day before while she was pushing her child in a carriage near Squash Busters on Columbus Avenue. There was some money and prescriptions in her pocketbook. The incident is under investigation.

7:48 p.m. A 19-year-old female student was found intoxicated near Matthews Arena. She was transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance. She will be reported to OSCCR.

Thursday, January 10 1:53 a.m. An officer saw a 22-year-old student push a shopping cart onto Gainsborough Street and dent a parked car. The student was identified and will be reported to OSCCR. There may also be a criminal complaint because of the car damage.

1:42 a.m. The father of a 20-year-old female student arrived on campus with the Boston Police in an attempt to locate his daughter, who he reported to Boston Police as missing. After investigation, NUPD announced she is no longer attending Northeastern. NUPD determined the whereabouts of the former student, relayed the information to her father and connected the two through telephone.

6:40 p.m. A staff member at Ryder Hall called NUPD after seeing three suspicious men who were walking around inside looking for a professor. NUPD was unable to identify the men.

8:18 p.m. NUPD received a report from the Stetson East cafeteria manager about a disorderly person. The manager said a 19-year-old student pushed him when the manager questioned the student if he was using a guest pass. NUPD verified that the student was using a guest meal pass. The student will be reported to OSCCR for his behavior. The student denies pushing the manager.

Friday, January 11 11:22 a.m. A staff member at Lake Hall reported the theft of her bag and personal items. She later she called and said she had recovered the items.

12:27 a.m. A Cabot Gym staff member reported a DVD player stolen from a laundry room sometime within the last week.

11:54 p.m. NUPD received a call from a friend of a 19-year-old female student at 116 St. Stephens St. The students’ friend was under the influence of alcohol. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance. She will also be reported to OSCCR.

Saturday, January 12 3:42 a.m. NUPD received a call about an 18-year-old male student who was intoxicated in Stetson West. He admitted to drinking earlier in his room. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

4:27 a.m. NUPD received a report that someone had punched a hole in a wall on the fourth floor of Davenport Commons A. Police could not not determined when the event occurred.

2:38 p.m. A 19-year-old female reported cash and her debit card were taken from her wallet inside her room at West Village A the night before. She said her roommates had several guests in the room.

Monday, January 14 8:44 p.m. An RA in Davenport Commons B reported that several floor placards and signs were missing from the building, and that it had occurred during the past couple days.