Crime Log

By Erin Kelly

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Friday, January 18 5 p.m. Residence Life received a report of a verbal argument between a male student and his male roommate from Loftman Hall. The argument concerned thefts that had occurred within the apartment. Reslife staff attempted to mediate the dispute. As a result, one roommate voluntarily moved out of the apartment. No criminal charges were filed, but Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) will continue to investigate the theft accusations.

11 p.m. NUPD responded to calls concerning a loud party on the second floor of Douglass Park. NUPD found a 20-year-old male student having a party with more than 60 guests. The resident and his guests left cooperatively and peacefully. Officers did not see any alcohol in the apartment, though the student admitted to having two beerballs. The student will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Saturday, January 19 1 a.m. NUPD responded to a call from a White Hall resident assistant (RA) who reported an odor of marijuana. Officers found a 19-year-old male student smoking tobacco from a hookah. Since the student had covered the smoke detector in the room, he will be reported to OSCCR for a fire safety violation.

2 a.m. An NUPD officer patrollingGainsborough Street saw a student walk into the alley behind St. Stephen Street and urinating.. When NUPD approached and asked for his ID, he threw his ID at the officer. After checking his record, NUPD found he was wanted by state police on a default warrant for failure to appear in court for charges of operating an uninsured car with a suspended registration. In addition to his arrest, he will be reported to OSCCR for public urination.

2:30 a.m. A male student in Davenport A called to request medical assistance for his 20-year-old roommate who came home extremely intoxicated. Two 20-year-old males and a 19-year-old male, all students, were discovered intoxicated in the apartment. The two 20-year-olds were brought to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by an ambulance. All three students will be reported to OSCCR.

3:45 a.m. NUPD responded to a call about an attempted break-in on St. Stephen Street. When officers arrived, they detained a 25-year-old male who is not affiliated with Northeastern. The suspect is the ex-boyfriend of a Northeastern student living in the apartment. There was no indication of assault, but Boston police arrested a man for breaking and entering.

11:30 p.m. NUPD responded to a call from a 19-year-old female student who was concerned about her roommates and other students vomiting in her apartment after they had been out drinking. A 19-year-old and 18-year-old female students were intoxicated and vomiting, and a third 18-year-old female student admitted to drinking at an apartment on Huntington Avenue, but was not ill. The 19-year-old student was taken to Beth Israel Deaconnes Medical Center. All three students will be reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, January 20 3:30 a.m. An NUPD officer witnessed a male Wentworth student walking down Huntington Avenue throw a bicycle tire into a group of bushes. The student admitted to stealing a tire from a bike. NUPD confiscated the tire and notified Wentworth police.

10 p.m. NUPD responded after a caller reported a man and woman having a loud argument in a fifth floor apartment at West Village E. Officers were able to locate a male student and a female student visiting the student and question them about the argument. The student and his friend told the officers they were arguing about something personal, but it was over, and the pair were dismissed.

11 p.m. NUPD responded to a second call concerning loud arguments between the same couple from West Village E. Officers rushed there, but the female visitor had left. She was located outside with her suitcase. NUPD advised her not to return to campus, and told the male student not to invite her back. He will be reported to OSCCR for disorderly conduct.

Monday, January 21 2:15 a.m. NUPD officers responded to a loud party complaint at 776 Columbus Ave., a building not affiliated with Northeastern. It was the second night in a row a complaint had been filed about this particular apartment. The resident, a 20-year-old male Northeastern student, was told to end the party and warned that it is likely he will be criminally charged next time there is a noise complaint at his apartment. The student will also be reported to OSCCR.