Crime Log

By Erin Kelly

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, February 19 3:30 p.m. A male student found $400 cash missing from an envelope that had originally held $700 and that was hidden in his room. He discovered it missing Feb. 17 and mentioned it to his parents, who encouraged him to report it to the Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD). NUPD has a suspect, who is a person who often hangs around the apartment. The investigation is ongoing.

4 p.m. A female student reported that someone has been hacking into her Facebook and e-mail accounts, and has been sending her harassing messages. She suspects an acquaintance, and NUPD is investigating the incidents.

Wednesday, February 20 10:30 a.m. A 20-year-old female student from West Village B awoke from knocks on her door around 8 a.m. Assuming the noise was her roommate leaving, she went back to sleep. An hour later she woke up and discovered her laptop missing. She told NUPD that the door to her apartment does not always close properly. When her roommate left, the door may have been left ajar, she said. NUPD arranged for the facilities department to inspect the door and repair it.

3 p.m. NUPD responded to a call from staff on the upper floors of Behrakis Health Sciences Center about a suspicious man walking around the building saying he was looking for someone. When NUPD arrived, the man was gone. Nothing was reported missing.

A male student called to inform NUPD that he was robbed at knifepoint in the Fens while walking home to his apartment on Park Drive at 6:30 p.m. the previous day. He said four men approached him, one with a knife, and stole $30 and his credit cards. The student was not injured.

Thursday, February 21 7 a.m. NUPD responded to a call from the facilities staff in West Village B about an act of vandalism inside an elevator. The railings had been torn from inside of the car.

10 a.m. A staff member in an office located inside the tunnel area of Hayden Hall reported that during the past week a couple of cell phones were discovered missing from the office.

3 p.m. The Athletics Department reported a projector missing from an office in the Cabot building. The projector was last seen during the first week of February.

Friday, February 22 1 p.m. A male student reported leaving a ring in an unlocked locker in the men’s locker room at the Marino Center for a half-hour Thursday, Feb. 21. It was gone when he returned and he reported it missing after speaking to his insurance company.

1:30 p.m. NUPD responded to a call from a manager at the Wollaston’s in the Marino Center, who had reported a shoplifter. The manager was detaining the 19-year-old Wentworth student, who had stolen Tylenol. The Wentworth student was banned from entering both on-campus Wollaston’s, and will be summonsed to Roxbury Court. Wentworth’s dean of students will be notified.

8 p.m. A 19-year-old male student reported receiving numerous harassing and threatening phone calls on his cell phone. He said he recently had a conflict with an acquaintance and suspects this person, or this person’s friends, to be involved.

Saturday, February 23 7 a.m. A proctor at 10 Coventry St. reported there was a man sleeping in a corridor on the first floor. Officers were called and woke up the 20-year-old student, who appeared intoxicated. After evaluation, officers determined he did not need emergency room care and sent him to his residence.

8 a.m. The proctor at Speare Hall reported signing in a female who seemed disoriented, either from drinking or being sick. Officers arrived to the hall and found the 18-year-old student, who was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance after evaluation by EMTs.

3:30 p.m. A 19-year-old female student reported her wallet missing from her room in Kerr Hall. She discovered it missing around 3 p.m., but she believes it was stolen earlier in the morning between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., when no one was in her room and her roommate left the door propped open while she was down the hall. There was no sign of forced entry. Several credit cards, a Charlie Card and $70 were in the wallet.

11:30 p.m. A proctor at White Hall reported a female vomiting outside the front door. Officers responded and found an 18-year-old female student attempting to carry a 19-year-old female student. Neither student wanted to identify herself or talk about what she had consumed that night. The 18-year-old student claimed to have just met the 19-year-old student, who continued vomiting. The 19-year-old student was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance, and both students were reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, February 24 1 a.m. An officer driving down Gainsborough Street noticed what appeared to be a fight near St. Stephen Street. The officer approached the scene and found a 24-year-old student who had been evicted from Our House East for intoxication and for assaulting a staff member. He struck the staff member at least once, but the victim chose not to press charges. The intoxicated student will be reported to OSCCR.

2 a.m. An officer saw a man on Speare Place, behind the Marino Center, who was bleeding from the face. The 19-year-old student told the officer he thought he might have been in a fight, but he couldn’t remember, and that he had been at Boston University earlier in the night. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for treatment.

4 a.m. Roommates of an 18-year-old male student in Kennedy Hall called their Resident Assistant (RA) because their roommate came home drunk and was extremely loud and obnoxious. The RA who responded also said the student was uncooperative. Officers were able to calm and quiet the 18-year-old student, who did not need medical care. He will be reported to OSCCR.

Monday, February 25 Noon A female student from 337 Huntington Ave. reported that she has been the victim of ongoing threats and intimidation by her roommate. She sought NUPD assistance in applying for a domestic abuse restraining order as well as relocation to another residence hall. The roommate, as well as her friends, has been ordered to have no contact with the student, and will be reported to OSCCR for her behavior.