Crime Log

By Erin Kelly

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, February 26 1 p.m. A female student reported that she lost her Husky Card somewhere on campus. When she went to get a new one, she found her card had been used at the Starbucks in the Curry Student Center (CSC). Dining services reimbursed her for the purchase.

9 p.m. A female student reported she left her wallet on a counter in the men’s restroom at the Burger King on Huntington Avenue. She said she went into the men’s restroom because there was a line at the ladies’ room, and when she returned, the wallet was not where she left it.

Wednesday, February 27 10 a.m. A female graduate student reported that her wallet was stolen from an office on the first floor of CSC between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m the day before. The wallet contained credit cards, including one that was used that night at a nearby convenience store. The wallet was turned into the lost and found later that afternoon with the used credit card still in the wallet.

4:50 p.m. A man who claimed to be a part-time Boston University student was arrested in Snell Library for trespassing. An officer went through the list of people banned from the library and found him using the computers in the public access section of the library.

10:30 p.m. An RA in Light Hall found a semi-conscious 18-year-old female student laying at the bottom of a staircase. There was no indication that she fell down the entire staircase, but she was heavily intoxicated and taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. She will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Thursday, February 28 4 p.m. A staff member at the Marino Center called to report a different staff member was sworn at repeatedly by some of the men using the basketball court when they were informed their time on the court was up. Three male students were identified and have been temporarily banned from using all fitness centers on campus pending a review by OSCCR.

8 p.m. A residence hall staff member in Smith Hall was conducting a pre-announced inspection and discovered a room on the third floor with marijuana, pipes, a scale and other drug paraphernalia. Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) responded and spoke to the residents, an 18-year-old male student and a 19-year-old male student, as well as an 18-year-old male student from White Hall, all who were in the room. All students were reported to OSCCR and, because of the quantity of marijuana, may face criminal charges of possession with intent to distribute.

Friday, February 29 10 a.m. A manager at the Wollastons in the Marino Center reported that he was detaining a male student for shoplifting. He had placed over-the-counter medication in his pocket, then went and paid for a bottle of juice before he was detained. He was reported to OSCCR and banned from entering either on campus Wollastons.

6 p.m. Officers responded to a brief fire in the laundry room at 319 Huntington Ave. that ignited from discarded cigarettes. The building was evacuated and the fire was distinguished quickly. Officers ordered Residential Life staff to direct a room-to-room check to make sure all residents left the building. A student was found in his room during the check. In his room officers found a small amount of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia. The student was reported to OSCCR for possession of drugs and failure to leave a building during a fire alarm.

Saturday, March 1 midnight Officers responded to a noise complaint at 106 St. Stephen St., where they found a party going on. The 20-year-old female resident lied about the party when she opened the door but eventually told the truth when her 19-year-old roommate convinced her to do so. Officers then found and evicted 20 students hiding in a bedroom in the back of the building. There was no evidence of alcohol, but the 20-year-old resident will be reported to OSCCR.

Monday, March 3 1 a.m. A student who lives at 10 Coventry St. was walking down the street near his building talking and text messaging on his phone when two people approached and robbed him. They threatened to use a gun. The student’s cell phone and $50 were stolen. The student and his brother, who was visiting him, walked to NUPD headquarters to report the robbery. NUPD officers searched the area, but were unsuccessful in recovering the stolen property.

Wednesday, March 5 1:15 a.m. A female student who lives in a private apartment on Gainsborough Street was followed into the foyer of her building by a man who robbed her once they were inside the foyer. He stole $65 from her and then told her to open the inner door, but decided to leave and ran out of the building.

Thursday, March 6 1 a.m. An RA found a female in the Stetson East lobby trying to get past the proctor. She said she was visiting a female student, but had gone out and her friend was not answering her phone. NUPD officers escorted her up to her friend’s room to confirm the legitimacy of her claim and found the student asleep in her bed. The student confirmed the person trying to get into Stetson East was her friend. Officers also found vodka and whiskey on the student’s desk. The student will be reported to OSCCR.

Friday, March 7 8 p.m. One of the parking attendants at the Gainsborough parking garage reported that a group of teenage males was harassing him, grabbing his keys off the counter and then throwing them back in his face. The teenagers ran away and NUPD was unable to locate them.

Sunday, March 9 10 p.m. An officer went to Stetson West to interview a student about a previous incident. While in the student’s room, the officer saw two open backpacks full of beer. Two 19-year-old male students, one of which took responsibility for all 60 cans of beer and a bottle of rum, occupy the room. The student will be reported to OSCCR.

Monday, March 10 12:00 a.m. A Simmons College student was walking on Huntington Avenue toward Simmons College, near the Museum of Fine Arts, when a car pulled up next to her. The driver asked her to get in the car, and when she ignored him and walked away, the car backed up and followed her, but eventually drove away. The student went to her friend’s room at Stetson West and reported it to NUPD and Boston Police. NUPD gave her a ride back to Simmons College.

Tuesday, March 11 8 p.m. A graduate student was waiting for a subway train on the platform at Ruggles T station when a man approached him and demanded his cell phone, which he was talking on at the time. When he didn’t give the person the phone, the man pulled something out of his pocket, possibly a knife, and slashed him across the hand. An outbound train was about to leave and the perpetrator jumped on it. The student went to the hospital and got stitches on his hand. Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority police notified Northeastern police.