Crime Log

By Erin Kelly

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Wednesday, March 12 9 a.m. A student left her cell phone at Levine Marketplace. When she called the dining hall, she was told it had been turned in at the desk and she could return to claim it. When she went back to get it, it was no longer there and a staff member told her it was given to someone else who claimed he or she lost his or her phone. Because of the mix-up, Chartwells will provide her with a new phone.

5:15 p.m. A library staff member noticed a 46-year-old man, who is not affiliated with Northeastern, drinking from a pint of liquor in Snell Library and asked him to leave the premises.

Friday, March 14 2:30 a.m. A Resident Assistant (RA) in Speare Hall found a 19-year-old student sleeping in the bathroom. It took the RA a while to wake the student, After trying for some time, the RA finally was able to wake up the student, who was intoxicated. He was evaluated by EMTs and did not need to go to the hospital. Officers took him to his room and he will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

3 a.m. Officers responded to Bernstein Hall where there was a fight between two 19-year-old male roommates. One student accused the other of stealing prescription medication pills. Pushing and punching was involved. The accused admitted to stealing pills in the past, but denied he stole them on this occasion. One student was relocated for the rest of the night, and Residential Life and OSCCR will relocate one student permanently to another residence hall.

10:30 p.m. An RA at 319 Huntington Ave. reported an odor of marijuana on the third floor and requested aid from the Northeastern University Division of Public Safety. A 21-year-old male resident admitted he and his guests were smoking in the room and turned over a small amount of marijuana, a pipe, rolling papers and pills. The resident had a 19-year-old male guest who brought the marijuana and pipe, and a 23-year-old female guest who brought about 20 cans of beer. The two guests were evicted and issued trespass warnings for the entire campus, and the student will be reported to OSCCR.

Saturday, March 15 1 a.m. Officers responded to a noise complaint on the seventh floor of Douglass Park. The caller reported there were people running around the corridor in the building and someone had broken a window. Officers found two female students who are 19 and 20 years old hosting a party. The students said that uninvited guests came to their party, and when the residents threw them out, they became destructive and broke the window in the hallway. While officers were talking to the students, they noticed rum, tequila and beer inside the apartment. The students will be reported to OSCCR for an alcohol violation. Officers requested them to aid the search to find the people who vandalized the hallway.

2:30 a.m. An RA at 122 St. Stephen St. reported someone threw a portable fire extinguisher down a flight of stairs and damaged it.

6 a.m. The proctor at Stetson West reported a man in the lobby wearing nothing but athletic shorts. Officers identified the 18-year-old student who lives in the building. He admitted he had been drinking earlier and went through a wrong door, ending up in the lobby without his ID. Officers took him to his room.

8 p.m. Officers responded to 130 Gainsborough St. following a noise complaint. They found a crowd of between 80 and 100 people hosted by two students who resided there, a 20-year-old and 21-year-old. The apartment contained a multitude of bottles, a beer ball and a lot of beer, which was all confiscated. Both residents will be reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, March 16 1 a.m. A 19-year-old female student was found passed out on the fourth floor of Douglass Park. Since the elevator was not working from an earlier fire alarm, EMT’s had to carry her down four flights of stairs. She was taken to Beth Israel Deacones Medical Center by ambulance.

2:15 a.m. A proctor at West Village C reported a man passed out in the lobby, lying face-down on a table. Officers woke him and identified him as a 21-year-old visitor who lost track of the student he was visiting. He was able to reach her by phone, and she came down from her room to sign him in.

2:30 a.m. A cab driver on Hemenway Street asked an officer for assistance with a passenger in the back of his cab, a 23-year-old student. She was heavily intoxicated and could not give the driver a correct address where she lived. When the officer offered her assistance the woman became hostile and tried to run away, but fell. The officer called for an ambulance, and EMTs calmed her down and decided she did not need hospitalization. She apologized to the officer, paid the cab driver and was escorted to her private apartment building by NUPD. The student will be reported to OSCCR.

3:30 a.m. A caller reported a man vomiting outside West Village F. Officers responded to a 22-year-old visitor in the company of a 21-year-old former student. He was taken to Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

Officers responded to a call from Smith Hall about a fight on the second floor. Two students and several others were insulting, pushing and punching each other. There were no serious injuries, and the guests’ identities are under investigation. The two students will be reported to OSCCR.

Monday, March 17 4:30 p.m. A proctor at Davenport A reported a student using the wrong ID to try to sign in a guest. Officers responded and found the 19-year-old guest intoxicated and in need of hospitalization. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The student will be reported to OSCCR for an attempted proctor sign-in violation and for having an intoxicated guest.

10:30 p.m. Officers responded to a call from an RA about a student concerned about her 19-year-old roommate being intoxicated. The 19-year-old drunk female came home with a bloody nose and looked as if she was in a fight. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for intoxication and to have her nose checked. The incident will be reported to OSCCR.

3:30 p.m. A 23-year-old female student reported she lost her wallet. It was turned into lost and found at Stetson West, and when she came to pick it up it was missing $40. However, the wallet contained several fake ID’s, and the student was reported to OSCCR.

2:15 a.m. An RA in White Hall heard someone vomiting in the women’s bathroom. The 18-year-old female ran to her room, but officers found and evaluated her. She said she had been intoxicated and got sick, but after evaluation she was allowed to remain in her room. She will be reported to OSCCR.

3:30 a.m. Officers responded to a call from Loftman Hall from a student concerned about her 20-year-old roommate who came home drunk, went to bed and was vomiting in her sleep. Officers evaluated her and she was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance. She will be reported to OSCCR.

4:30 a.m. Officers responded to a call from White Hall about a student concerned about her 18-year-old intoxicated roommate. The intoxicated roommate was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.