Crime Log

By Erin Kelly

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, April 1

9 a.m.

A fire alarm technician was tracing a problem in wiring at Davenport Commons B and found that the wires to a smoke detector in a 4th floor apartment had been cut. The female resident said a male student had cut the detector wires after the alarm went off repeatedly. The male student has since been reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR) and criminal charges are pending.

10:30 a.m.

A professor using the pool in Cabot Gymnasium reported that his locker had been broken into, but nothing was stolen.

2:30 p.m.

A female student reported her cell phone had been stolen from the women’s locker room in the Marino Center March 21.

5 p.m.

An officer checking the sign-in guest registry in Snell Library recognized the name of a man previously issued a trespass warning. The Dorchester resident was arrested and banned from campus.

6:30 p.m.

A staff member in Curry Student Center (CSC) reported a Roslindale resident acting suspiciously and fooling around. The staff member asked him to stop, but the boy refused. Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) officers arrived, spoke to him and realized he had been evicted in the past and had received a trespass warning. Officers arrested him for violating the trespass warning.

Wednesday, April 2

8:30 a.m.

An officer saw two men who appeared younger than college-age enter a restroom on the first floor of West Village G. The officer followed them and caught the pair rolling a blunt. The high school students were sent off campus with a trespass warning. NUPD will notify their school officials.

10:30 a.m.

A staff member at Douglass Park reported a damaged surveillance camera on an upper floor. The image of the vandalizer is caught on tape. NUPD are looking into the attendees of a party that had gone on down the hall for a suspect.

Friday, April 4

1 a.m.

A proctor in White Hall reported a 19-year-old resident coming into the building appeared extremely intoxicated. NUPD responded, and, after evaluation, she was taken to Brigham and Women’s Hospital by ambulance. She will be reported to OSCCR.

10 a.m.

A staff member in the CSC reported a suspicious man wandering an upper floor. Officers stopped the 36-year-old man, who was uncooperative and disorderly. After identifying the man, officers learned he is wanted in Quincy on a warrant for breaking and entering. He also admitted stealing credit cards from Cabot Gymnasium earlier that day. He was arrested for trespassing and disorderly conduct.

5:30 p.m.

An 18-year-old student reported her credit cards missing. NUPD is working with the credit card company to locate the person using the stolen cards.

Saturday, April 5

4:30 p.m.

A student at an event in Matthews Arena was seen drinking from a bottle of rum. Officers identified the 23-year-old male student. He will be reported to OSCCR.

8:45 p.m.

The security officer employed by the condominium building owners on Hemenway and Gainsborough streets called NUPD about some loud parties at 118 Hemenway St. NUPD ended a couple of parties but were called back several hours later when the parties recommenced. Two separate apartment owners, who are both students, will be reported to OSCCR for loud party violations.

Sunday, April 6

2:30 a.m.

An officer walking on Forsyth Street noticed an 18-year-old female sitting on the side of the street covered in vomit. Another student, who said they had been drinking off-campus, assisted her. The student was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance and will be reported to OSCCR.

2:30 a.m.

A 21-year-old female student reported she had been receiving harassing and unwanted text messages and e-mails from an ex-boyfriend, a 20-year-old student, during the past few months. She did not want to obtain a restraining order, but instead wanted NUPD to contact her ex-boyfriend and ask him to stop contacting her. After speaking with a detective, the male student acknowledged the messages and agreed to stop contacting his ex-girlfriend.

2:30 p.m.

NUPD responded to a call about a suspicious middle-aged man who appeared to be taking photographs of female students with a camera phone in Snell Library. The man was escorted off campus and issued a trespass warning.

9:30 p.m.

A fire alarm technician working in Davenport Commons B reported additional tampering with fire safety equipment in the building, and some stolen parts from the fire safety equipment. NUPD is working with Residential Life Staff members to emphasize to residents the dangers of tampering with fire safety equipment.

Monday, April 7

5 p.m.

A student reported that an emblem on the grill of his BMW was missing. He said he parks his car in the Columbus garage and noticed it was missing one morning after he parked.

8 p.m.

A female student reported her USB thumb drive missing after she left it in the computer lab in Dodge Hall earlier in the day.