Crime Log

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, June 17 1 p.m. Officers from the Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) called a student and told him that his car, which was parked in the Columbus Lot, had been broken into. The student’s window was smashed and the student reported a GPS and MP3 player stolen.

8 p.m. A retired faculty member visiting campus reported that his bicycle, which he had locked outside Snell Library with a cable lock, had been stolen.

Wednesday, June 18 11 p.m. A female student reported that she had taken off an heirloom diamond ring to work on an art project on the third floor of Ryder Hall the day before and accidentally left it there. When she returned, it was missing. NUPD said no questions will be asked if a person returns the ring.

Friday, June 20 2 a.m. An officer on patrol at the intersection of St. Stephen and Gainsborough streets reported that an intoxicated male had stolen his bicycle. NUPD caught the man, 22-year-old Boston College student Mark Siciliano, and arrested and charged him with disorderly conduct and robbery. As he was being booked by Boston Police, Siciliano apologized and said next time he would not steal a police bike. He was arraigned in Roxbury District Court.

2:30 a.m. An officer stopped a man drinking from an alcoholic container on St. Stephen Street. The 23-year-old male student will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

3 a.m. A female student reported that she had been assaulted by an acquaintance, who is also a Northeastern student, at an off-campus party. NUPD called officers from the Boston Police Department (BPD), who are investigating. The female student was unsure whether she would file a complaint with OSCCR.

Saturday, June 21 2 a.m. Officers at the intersection of St. Stephen and Gainsborough streets saw a group of people arguing with other people inside a parked car. As officers approached and asked the group to move along, 20-year-old student Jamal Reeves shoved an officer. Reeves’ roommate, 22-year-old William Decker, attempted to push his way past an officer to assist his friend. Both men were arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and assault of a police officer and were arraigned in Roxbury District Court. They will also be reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, June 22 8:30 p.m. A student reported seeing several teenagers trying to cut through his bike lock outside his St. Stephen Street apartment. When he approached the group, they ran off, leaving behind a backpack containing bolt cutters.

Wednesday, June 25 6 p.m. A male student refused to show his ID when entering Snell Library, and then became disorderly. He has had run ins with NUPD in the past, and will be reported to OSCCR.

8 p.m. An NU student, who lives in an off-campus apartment with a married student from another university, reported her roommate had been physically abuse by her husband. NUPD notified BPD, who arrested the man, and arranged temporary on-campus housing for the student, who said she no longer felt comfortable in her apartment.

10 p.m. A student reported that his sunglasses and coins had been stolen from his car, which was parked on Camden Street since Sunday night. The car window has also been smashed.

Friday, June 27 2 a.m. An officer saw a man staggering at the Northeastern T stop and realized he was extremely intoxicated. The man said he had turned 21 two hours earlier and that he was trying to take the train home to Mission Hill. The student was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance and will be reported to OSCCR.

8:30 a.m. A Chartwells employee reported his parking decal stolen from his car after he left its windows rolled down.

Noon A resident assistant at 337 Huntington Ave. reported seeing a large amount of graffitti written with permanent marker in an apartment and the hallways of the residence hall. ResLife staff and NUPD said they believe the walls were vandalized by a student who lives in the apartment and has had previous run-ins with both Residential Life and NUPD.

Saturday, June 28 1:30 a.m. A male student reported that he found his 20-year-old friend, also a Northeastern student, passed out on his front steps. The friend was extremely intoxicated and officers had difficulty waking her. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance and will be reported to OSCCR.

4:30 p.m. The parents of a student moving into a West Village residence hall reported that their car, which was parked on Parker Street, had been broken into and their portable GPS had been stolen.

Sunday, June 29 2:30 p.m. A female resident of 337 Huntington Ave. reported that a diamond and ruby ring had been stolen from her room while she was out of her apartment. NUPD said they saw no sign of forced entry and cleaning and maintance crews had been in the room while the resident was gone. The resident said the ring belonged to her roommate, who had left it behind when she moved out, and that she was going to mail it to her. NUPD will investigate.