Crime Log

Monday, July 14

The Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) received a call about a group of people drinking outside of White Hall. When officers approached the group of people, who were attending a conference and staying inside the residence hall, they told the officers they were drinking outside because they were told they could not drink inside. Officers confiscated beer from a 17-year-old male, an18-year-old female, two 18-year-old males and two 22-year-old males. All six people were reported to conference organizers

Tuesday, July 15

11 a.m.

A student reported accidentally leaving her Husky card on an unattended table in Snell Library. When she returned, it was gone. The card was suspended before any funds were used.

7 p.m.

A male student entered NUPD headquarters and reported that two teenagers had approached him outside the Davenport Commons residence halls and demanded he give them his cell phone and wallet. They fled when the student entered Columbus Place and security camera footage shows two teenagers running toward Tremont Street.

Wednesday, July 16

Staff members in Behrakis Hall reported that a laptop was stolen from a third-floor office, which was previously a conference room and had a large glass window.

Thursday, July 17

1 a.m.

Officers found a female student, who had turned 21 years old that night, passed out on the steps of a Symphony Road apartment building. She was intoxicated and taken by ambulance to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. She will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

9 p.m.

Staff at Snell Library reported two men in their fifties viewing inappropriate websites on public computers. NUPD officers escorted the men off campus and issued trespass warnings.

The proctor at 337 Huntington Ave. reported an intoxicated female had been carried into the building by residents. The proctor notified the Resident Director, who called NUPD. The 21-year-old student was taken to Brigham and Women’s Hospital by ambulance.

Sunday, July 20

A student reported his bike, which was secured to a rack in the West Village Quad with a cable lock, had been stolen.

Monday, July 21

11 a.m.

A student reported that his mountain bike was stolen from the West Village Quad sometime between July 17 and July 21. It had been secured with a thin cable lock, which had been cut and left on the ground.

Wednesday, July 23

8 p.m.

A staff member reported her car had been broken into at the Matthews Arena parking lot. A window was broken and a video iPod and GPS system were taken from a center console.

5 p.m.

A female student reported she left her backpack unattended in Snell Library for five minutes while using the restroom. When she returned, her backpack, which contained a wallet and an iPod, was missing.

Saturday, July 26

A female student reported she was been sexually assaulted by an acquaintance at an off-campus party earlier in the weekend. NUPD called the Boston Police Department (BPD) since they had jurisdiction, provided her with counseling services and took her to the hospital for examination. The victim said she does not believe the rapist is Northeastern student. BPD is investigating.

A male student reported he had been assaulted on Hemenway Street two hours earlier by someone he believes is a fellow student. He stepped forward to stop a friend from being harassed and was knocked to the ground and kicked in the head several times. Security cameras showed a number of people were in the area at the time of the attack, but no one called 911 or NUPD.

Boston Police will investigate the crime and NUPD will report any student charged with a crime to OSCCR.

Sunday, July 27

10 a.m.

The proctor at Davenport Commons B notified NUPD that a female had tried to enter the building with an NUID that wasn’t hers. The student told an NUPD officer the ID belonged to her friend, a resident of the building who was away for the weekend. NUPD would not let the student retrieve her items from the room because they could not be sure what property was her’s. The resident will be informed to OSCCR for violating the university’s guest policy.