Crime Log

By Michael Napolitano

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Monday, September 1 3 p.m. A student who was using his girlfriend’s bike noticed it missing on Aug. 24. from the bike rack he had parked it on. He did not file the report until a week later.

9 p.m. Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) officers saw a student hand a 30-pack of beer to another man on Gainsborough Street. Upon questioning, they discovered that the student handing off the alcohol was 21-years-old, and the other was 18-years-old. Both were reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR), and the 21-year-old will be summonsed to Roxbury District Court.

Tuesday, September 2 7 p.m. A graduate student found his wallet missing after he left his lab in the Egan Research Center unlocked and unattended during the afternoon. The wallet was taken from a desk in the lab, along with some credit cards and $20.

Wednesday, September 3 9:30 p.m. An NUPD officer saw two students exchange six-packs of beer to. Upon questioning, NUPD discovered that one of the students was 21-years-old, and the other was 20. Both students will be reported to OSCCR.

NUPD officers saw someone give pingpong balls and a bottle of vodka to a Berklee student on Huntington Avenue near Burger King. The Berklee dean’s office will be informed.

Thursday, September 4 11:45 p.m. A night cleaning crew called to report a suspicious person in an office in Robinson Hall. NUPD officers checked the building, which had been closed for the night, and found a man sleeping on a couch in an office that had just been cleaned. He was awakened and identified as 46-year-old Gene Jackson from Dorchester. He was not affiliated with Northeastern, and had been arrested by Northeastern police twice in the past: once in 2000 and once in 2003 by the same officer who found him this time. He was arrested again for trespassing, and told not to come back.

Friday, September 5 7 p.m. NUPD officers saw a student give a bottle of vodka to another outside a liquor store on Huntington Avenue. Upon questioning, NUPD discovered that they student who had bought the alcohol was 21-years-old, and he student she was giving it to was 20-years-old. The 21-year-old will be summoned to court, and both will be reported to OSCCR.

8 p.m. NUPD officers saw one female student give a 30-pack of beer to another student. Upon questioning, NUPD discovered that the student giving the alcohol was 22-years-old, and the other was 20-years-old. The 22-year-old will be summonsed to court, and both will be reported to OSCCR.

11 p.m. NUPD officers spotted two students carrying a box of wine and beer. Upon questioning, NUPD discovered that they were both 20-years-old, and that one had a fake ID. Both will be summoned to court and reported to OSCCR.

Saturday, September 6 1:45 a.m. Boston Police responded to a report that a pedestrian was struck by a car on Huntington Avenue near Mission Hill. They found an intoxicated 20-year-old Northeastern student lying unconscious in the street. His wallet was on his back and opened up with no cash in it. He was taken by ambulance to Boston Medical Center and had no serious injuries. He initially told medical staff that he was mugged, but later said he couldn’t remember what had happened. The student will be reported to OSCCR.

2 a.m. NUPD officers responded to a disorderly incident outside Our House East on Gainsborough Street. A group of people outside were in an argument and were told by police to disperse One 22-year-old student refused and was taken away by police. He will be reported to OSCCR.

10 p.m. A 24-year-old student in her apartment on St. Stephen Street heard noises in another room. She was confronted by a stranger, who had climbed into a window to try and rob the apartment. The robber told her not to scream and to give him a chance to leave, and the student did so. He left without stealing anything, and police were immediately called after he left. Boston Police say an investigation is ongoing.

11:30 p.m. An NUPD officer saw a student staggering in the rain on World Series Way. The officer stopped to offer assistance, and discovered that the 19-year-old had been drinking at an off-campus party. She had gotten into an argument with friends at the party and had decided to walk home alone. The officer gave her a ride to her residence hall and she will be reported to OSCCR.

Sunday, September 7 6:30 p.m. An NUPD officer saw two people smoking in the bushes in the Fens across the street from Kerr Hall. A 20-year-old male Wentworth student and a 21-year-old female Wentworth student had just finished smoking a blunt of marijuana. The two were sent home, and the Wentworth dean’s office will be notified.

7:30 p.m. A Resident Assistant at 780 Columbus Ave. requested NUPD assistance in investigating a marijuana smell coming from an apartment. The apartment was occupied by an 18- and 19-year-old female student who had a fan in the window blowing the marijuana smoke outside. A 19-year-old male who is a former Northeastern student was also found inside, and admitted he brought the pot. He was escorted off campus and told not to return; both students will be reported to OSCCR.

Tuesday, September 9 1 a.m. NUPD officers found an 18-year-old male student being helped off the ground by another student on Columbus Avenue in front of Douglass Park. The 18-year-old was vomiting and said he had drank an unknown amount of alcohol from a punch bowl at an off-campus party, which he did not give the address to. His friend was sober and had been helping him walk home. The intoxicated student was taken by ambulance to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

1:30 a.m. NUPD officers found two male students in a fist fight on Huntington Avenue. Officers broke up the fight, and neither student was injured or wanted to press charges. The fight was provoked when a third party began making rude comments to a female friend of one of the students. One of the students punched the man who had been making the rude comments, prompting the friend of the man who had been punched to defend him. Both will be reported to OSCCR.

4:30 a.m. Northeastern police responded to a call from a female resident at 132 Hemenway St., who had found a female student passed out in the corridor of her apartment building. The 19-year-old had passed out from intoxication and vomited. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance, and will be reported to OSCCR.