Crime Log

By Dani Capalbo

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Monday, May 19

1:30 p.m.

Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) officers went to interview a male student at his Huntington Avenue apartment regarding an ongoing investigation. When the student opened the door, officers saw a sign inside that had been stolen from the parking lot outside Matthews Arena. The student admitted he had stolen the sign, which NUPD returned to the arena. The student was reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Wednesday, May 21

1:30 a.m.

A proctor at West Village H reported a 22-year-old male student had brought a guest into the building without signing her in, though he had swiped his own ID. When police arrived, the proctor directed them to the student’s room, where they found an intoxicated 21-year-old female student passed out. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance for alcohol poisoning and will be reported to OSCCR.

6 p.m.

An NUPD officer was checking the visitor’s log at Snell Library and noticed the name of a person whom police had previously banned from campus for inappropriate behavior. Michael Hudson, 46, of Wenham, was located in the library and arrested for trespassing.

Thursday, May 22

1:30 p.m.

A faculty member reported that she believed she was robbed while eating lunch in the Marino Center. An hour after she left the atrium, she realized her wallet, which contained about $60 and credit cards, was missing from her unzipped purse.

Friday, May 23

12:30 a.m.

A caller reported that someone had just broken a window at the front of a private apartment building on Hemenway Street. When NUPD arrived, witnesses pointed out the suspect, a male student, who was detained. He later admitted to breaking the window, though he gave no reason. The property owner called the Boston Police Department (BPD), who arrested the student. He will also be reported to OSCCR.

1 p.m.

While NUPD were going through a lost wallet to find contact information for its owner, they discovered two driver’s licenses: one belonging to a 20-year-old student, and another license belonging to a 22-year-old woman with no apparent ties to the university. When they contacted the student and questioned her, said she found the license in a restaurant. She said she had been using it to get into nightclubs because the woman looks like her. The ID was confiscated. The student will be reported to OSCCR and the Registry of Motor Vehicles.

Saturday, May 24

9 a.m.

The theft alarm attached to audio-visual equipment in a Dodge Hall classroom went off. An NUPD officer arrived within a minute to discover a computer monitor missing from the room. Although more officers arrived from three different directions, they didn’t see anyone pass by with the monitor.

Wednesday, May 28

4 p.m.

A female student was approached on Huntington Avenue by a 15-year-old male with long hair asking for the time. After she told him, he tried to grab her iPod, but she pulled it away and the suspect ran. The student reported the incident immediately. NUPD officers stopped a young man who matched the suspect’s description walking with a group near the Ruggles T-station; BPD officers were notified. The student was called to Ruggles to identify the young man, but she initially did not recognize him, because he had put on a hat since the altercation. After he was released, she reconsidered the identification and informed the BPD.

9 p.m.

A male graduate student reported his bike missing after he locked it to a fence in the Robinson Quadrangle with a cable earlier that night.

Thursday, May 29

2 p.m.

During pre-announced room inspections in Rubenstein Hall, a Resident Assistant (RA) found a marijuana joint and empty beer bottles in the room of two 20-year-old male students. Neither was home at the time. Both residents will be reported to OSCCR.

Friday, May 30

6:30 p.m.

An NUPD officer on patrol near Snell Library recognized a young man who was walking with friends as someone who had previously been issued a trespass warning. When the officer approached the group of boys, they ran. They were stopped at the Ruggles T-station by other officers and the trespasser, Kenneth Morrabal, 17, of Dorchester, was arrested for violating a trespass warning. The other boys attempted to interfere, but none were arrested. One was issued a trespass warning.