Crime Log

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, June 3 1:30 a.m. A female student reported her bicycle missing after she locked it with a cable outside the Marino Center Monday afternoon overnight and left it there.

Wednesday, June 4 9 a.m. A staff member in Richards Hall reported $100 in cash missing from his unlocked desk drawer. He told the Northeastern Division of Public Safety (NUPD that his desk, which is located in an open office area, is used by several other people. The money had been inside the desk Monday, and when the staff member came to work Wednesday after a day out of the office, the money was gone.

Thursday, June 5 3:30 p.m. A female graduate student reported her tote bag, containing several hundred dollars worth of textbooks, keys and other valuables, missing. She said she left the bag unattended for three or four minutes in the food court at Curry Student Center. When she returned, it was gone. A surveillance video of that area shows a college-aged male snatching the bag, then leaving the building. NUPD has shared the footage with staff from the student center, and hope someone will recognize the male.

Friday, June 6 1 a.m. A male graduate student reported his bike missing from outside the Snell Engineering building. He had locked the bike with a chain. The lock was also missing from the spot where he had parked the bike the night before.

3 p.m. A caller reported a person who appeared to be cutting a bicycle lock outside West Village A. NUPD officers responded and arrested Ramon Collazo of Boston, as he was trying to break the spinning combination part of a cable lock.

Saturday, June 7 11 a.m. A male student who lives at 780 Columbus Ave. reported his wallet missing after he left it in the laundry room overnight. He had been doing laundry Friday when he put the wallet on the counter after taking out his Husky Card to operate the machines. When he returned at 9 a.m. Saturday, the wallet, which contained his driver’s license, several gift cards and a substantial amount of cash, was gone. NUPD detectives said they have some leads based on a list of people whose Husky Cards were used in the laundry room that night.

Sunday, June 8 12:30 a.m. NUPD officers found a 20-year-old male student who appeared intoxicated and passed out on a bench in front of Smith Hall. They woke up the student with some difficulty, and he was unable to give his name or where he lived. He admitted that he had been drinking, and said he was walking back to his apartment when he stopped at the bench. He then pointed down the street to where he thought he lived, but when he became lucid enough to give his full address, it was in the opposite direction. NUPD officers called an ambulance to evaluate the student, but within a half-hour, he was fully awake and functioning. He was taken to his nearby off-campus apartment, and will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Monday, June 9 3 p.m. A male student saw another man riding what he believed was his recently stolen bicycle on Opera Place. He said he was sure it was his bike, which was stolen two weeks ago, because he said he had built it. He said he never reported it missing to any police department. He stopped the man on the bike, and the two began to argue while an onlooker called 911. Boston police and NUPD officers arrived to mediate. The student had no proof the bike was his, and the man riding the bike claimed someone had recently given it to him. BPD took the bicycle and said the first person to come in with documentation to prove ownership would get to take it home.

Tuesday, June 10 2:30 p.m. A caller from Snell Library reported a man watching pornography on one of the computers. When officers approached the man, they saw he was acting in a lewd and lascivious manner. Christopher Heath, 36, of Florida, was arrested. He has no affiliation with the university.

Wednesday, June 11 1:30 p.m. An anonymous caller reported that a person appeared to be stealing a bike outside West Village A. When NUPD officers arrived, there was no evidence of a theft, and no damaged bicycle.

4:30 p.m. A male student reported his bicycle missing from the area outside West Village A, where he had parked it Monday night. Friday, June 13 6:40 p.m. An officer stopped a man who he saw completing what he believed to be a drug transaction. The man was a non-student and was carrying drug paraphernalia. The officer issued the man a trespass warning and he is not allowed on Northeastern property. Saturday, June 14 2:45 a.m. An officer stopped a man with no Northeastern affiliation for urinating in front of White Hall. The officer issued the man a verbal warning and released him. Sunday, June 15 1 p.m. A Resident Assistant in Rubenstein Hall reported the smell of marijuana coming from a room. An officer responded and spoke with a student and his non-student guest. They denied smoking marijuana, but there was a strong smell and a fan facing out the window. The student has been reported to OSCCR for a drug violation. Monday, June 16 12:45 p.m. NUPD detectives doing a follow up investigation confiscated several bags of marijuana, a scale and a bong from the student who had previously been reported to OSCCR for the drug violation that happened Sunday in Rubenstein Hall. The student will be reported to OSCCR.

8:10 p.m. A female student reported she left her purse unattended in one of the eateries in the Marino Center and when she retuned, it was gone. Tuesday, June 17 1:10 p.m. A parking attendant reported a vehicle with a broken window in the Columbus lot. NUPD located the student owner who, upon return, said his GPS was missing from the car.