Crime Log

By Michael Napolitano

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, September 9 4:15 p.m. A male student reported his bike stolen from the Snell Library Quad. He had locked it at 1 p.m. with a cable, which had been cut and left behind.

7:30 p.m. Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) officers responded to a fire alarm from a residence hall room in West Village E and discovered it had been set off by a male student who had burnt food, removed the smoke detector and damaged it. An emergency after-hours repair technician was called to fix the detector. The student will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR) for tampering with a smoke detector.

Wednesday, September 10 1:30 a.m. A resident assistant (RA) from White Hall called NUPD when he found an 18-year-old male student passed out in a fourth-floor bathroom. The student had vomited and seemed to be intoxicated. He was taken to Brigham and Women’s Hospital by ambulance and will be reported to OSCCR.

2:15 a.m. NUPD officers were called to White Hall when a custodian found an 18-year-old male student passed out in a shower on the fourth floor. Officers woke him, found out he had been drinking and monitored him for 15 minutes before deciding that he did not need medical assistance. The student was returned to his residence hall room, and will be reported to OSCCR.

Thursday, September 11 9:30 a.m. A female student reported her backpack stolen after she left it unattended at InfoCommons for about a half-hour. It contained a laptop, credit cards, books and prescription medications, all of which were also taken. 9:30 p.m. A female student from Kennedy Hall reported $100 missing from her wallet, which had been left in her residence hall room. She said her suite had been left open while her roommates had guests coming in and out throughout the day.

11 p.m. An RA in Willis Hall smelled marijuana coming from a residence hall room. NUPD officers responded and spoke to two male students in the room, who admitted they had been smoking but said the marijuana was gone. They were reported to OSCCR.

Friday, September 12 6:30 p.m. NUPD officers saw what turned out to be a 21-year-old visitor come out of the liquor store on Gainsborough Street and hand a six-pack of beer and bottles of rum, vodka and tequila to two 19-year-old female students and a visitor. The two underage students will be reported to OSCCR, and the 21-year-old who bought the alcohol will be summonsed to court for supplying alcohol to a minor. 8:15 p.m. NUPD officers saw what turned out to be a 21-year-old student pass a 30-pack of beer to a 19-year-old student on Gainsborough Street. Both will be reported to OSCCR, and the 21-year-old will be summonsed to court.

NUPD officers saw a male carrying a bottle of tequila on Gainsborough Street. After questioning, they found he was a 19-year-old student. He will be reported to OSCCR. 10:30 p.m. NUPD officers saw a female student pass a bottle of rum to a male student. After questioning, officers discovered the female student was 21-years-old and the male student was 19-years-old. Both will be reported to OSCCR, and the 21-year-old will be summonsed to court.

11 p.m. NUPD officers saw a student who appeared to be drunk fall on her back in the middle of Columbus Avenue near the Davenport Commons. After questioning, the officers found she was 19-years-old. She was taken to Brigham and Women’s Hospital by ambulance, and will be reported to OSCCR.

Saturday, September 13 12:30 a.m. A caller reported a fight taking place behind Curry Student Center. NUPD officers responded and spoke to a 20-year-old male student with a cut lip and bare feet. The student said he had been in a fight after exchanging words with others, and they took his sneakers after the fight. Two friends were with him, but refused to talk to the police. All three had been drinking, and will be reported to OSCCR.

1 a.m. A male resident in Stetson West told an RA that his 18-year-old roommate was vomiting in his sleep after drinking vodka off campus. He was awakened by officers and monitored for 20 minutes before they decided he did not need medical assistance. He will be reported to OSCCR. Noon NUPD officers responded to a West Village fire alarm that had been set off when a student disconnected the smoke detector in his room after burning food. He will be reported to OSCCR for disconnecting the smoke detector.

7:30 p.m. NUPD officers saw a male carrying two mini-kegs of beer on Gainsborough Street. He gave them to two males. Upon questioning, officers found the males were ages 19 and 20. After questioning, officers discovered the male carrying the beer was 21-years-old. The 21-year-old will be summonsed to court, and all three will be reported to OSCCR.

8 p.m. NUPD officers saw a male student buy six bottles of wine and a bottle of rum, which he placed on a bench on Huntington Avenue. A crowd of students then surrounded the bench, and a male student picked up the bottle of rum. As officers approached, the rest of the students left without taking anything. After questioning, officers discovered the student that picked up the rum was 17-years-old and the student that bought the alcohol was 21-years-old. The 21-year-old will be reported to OSCCR, and the student that bought the alcohol will be summonsed to court.

9:15 p.m. NUPD officers on Huntington Avenue saw a male student buy a case of beer and some vodka for a male student. After questioning, the officers found the student who bought the alcohol was 21-years-old and the other student was 20-years-old. The 21-year-old will be summonsed to court, and both will be reported to OSCCR.

10:30 p.m. NUPD officers saw a male student walking down a service road behind Snell Library drinking a can of beer. After questioning, officers discovered he was 19-years-old. He will be reported to OSCCR.

2 a.m. An RA in White Hall called NUPD when he found a female student vomiting in the corridor. The student, who was 18-years-old, said she had been drinking vodka at Light Hall, and told officers who supplied it. The NUPD will investigate the person named by the student, and the student will be reported to OSCCR.

9 p.m. A female student reported she had received more than 200 harassing phone calls from her ex-boyfriend, who lives in Boston but is not a Northeastern student. Police are working with her to decide whether to get restraining order to stop the harassment.