Crime Log

By Mike Napolitano

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, Oct. 7

An Athletics Department staff member reported several pairs of women’s volleyball sneakers missing from a locker room in the Cabot Center. The staff member said they were last seen two days earlier.

6 p.m.

A Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) officer on Symphony Road passed a pair of pedestrians and smelled marijuana. The officer stopped the two men and found they were smoking a blunt. The officer identified them as an 18-year-old Northeastern student and an 18-year-old Berklee student. The Northeastern student will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR), and the Berklee student will be reported to his school’s authorities.

Wednesday, Oct. 8

9 a.m.

An 18-year-old student living in Stetson East reported his wallet missing after he left it in the dorm’s laundry room overnight. The wallet contained $80 and some credit cards.

A graduate student reported his bike missing from the Snell Library Quad. He had locked it at 7 a.m. with a cable that was cut and left behind.

Thursday, Oct. 9

5 p.m.

A staff member reported her wallet missing from an office in the Snell Engineering Center. She had left the office unattended and unlocked for about a half- hour at about 1 p.m., and discovered her wallet missing at about 1:30 p.m. She called the credit card companies to report her cards missing and was told one of them had already been used three times for about $2,000 in purchases. The wallet was later found by a custodian and was returned to her. The wallet was missing $30, but most of her credit cards were still in it.

Friday, Oct. 10

Boston police asked for NUPD assistance after responding to a noise complaint at 774 Columbus Ave. NUPD discovered three 19-year-old male students hosting a party with a large amount of beer. The three will be reported to OSCCR, and may be summonsed to court by BPD.

2 a.m.

A Resident Assistant (RA) reported a 20-year-old student passed out and apparently intoxicated in the lobby of Davenport B. She had locked herself out of the apartment and called the RA to let her in, but had passed out in the meantime. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and will be reported to OSCCR.

A staff member in Holmes Hall reported his laptop and wallet missing from an office that he had left unlocked and unattended for about a half-hour. The bag the laptop had been in was recovered downstairs near a rear exit door, but the laptop was missing. The wallet contained credit cards and $100.

3 p.m.

An NUPD officer on Camden Street saw a teenage male running from the Gainsborough Street foot bridge and being chased by a woman yelling that she had been robbed. NUPD pursued and apprehended the youth in Carter Park. The officer recovered the woman’s cell phone, which the teenager stole in the Massachusetts Avenue T station. The teenager, a 17-year-old local resident named Marcus Peterson, was arrested and charged with theft. He will be arraigned in Roxbury District Court.

Saturday, Oct. 11

2 a.m.

An RA requested NUPD assistance after she heard noises in a West Campus F apartment, and discovered some people heavily intoxicated inside upon entering. An 18-year-old male student and an 18-year-old male visitor were taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and the 18-year-old male resident is under investigation for providing alcohol that night. An 18-year-old female who had been signed in by the resident was also found asleep in the apartment. She was allowed to remain in the residence hall for the night, and was issued a trespass warning the next day. She is not allowed to come back to campus. The Northeastern students will be reported to OSCCR, and the resident suspected of providing the alcohol may be criminally charged.

Sunday, Oct. 12

A 20- and 21-year-old male student flagged down an NUPD officer on St. Stephen Street to report they were being followed by a few men. The students said they had been in a fight with another man earlier. NUPD stopped the two men allegedly following the first group and identified them as 20-year-old male students. They said they were following the first pair because they had seen them assault a friend of theirs, who is a 20-year-old male student and had left the area. NUPD knows who the 20-year-old is who was allegedly assaulted, and a report of the entire incident will be reported to OSCCR.

Monday, Oct. 13

2 a.m.

An RA in Davenport A found a 19-year-old male student passed out in an apartment in the residence hall. Everyone who was in the apartment but didn’t live there was told to leave, and NUPD evaluated the student who was passed out. They determined he did not need medical attention. He was permitted to spend the rest of the night there, and he and the 20-year-old host will be reported to OSCCR.

A 24-year-old student reported his bike missing from the West Campus Quad. He had parked it at about 4 p.m. Sunday afternoon, and discovered the bike and the cable lock it was attached to missing early Monday morning.

A proctor at West Village B reported that a seemingly intoxicated female had entered the residence hall with several male residents and did not sign in. NUPD went to the apartment and found a 20-year-old resident in that apartment with the female asleep. NUPD woke her up and found her to be heavily intoxicated. She told NUPD she was 22 years old and had no ID on her, but she gave officers a name which NUPD believes is real. NUPD said she is probably not a student. The 20-year-old resident claimed he had met her in Our House East and that she followed him home. NUPD will further investigate why the 20-year-old was in Our House East.

A 20-year-old student living at 42 Symphony Rd. reported her camera missing from her apartment after she hosted a party on Saturday night.

6 p.m.

Students reported a person acting in a bizarre fashion and approaching students in Centennial Common. NUPD questioned him and found he was 19 years old, lives in the suburbs and had no Northeastern affiliation. He seemed despondent, so NUPD officers had an ambulance take him to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center for evaluation.

11 p.m.

An RA in Kennedy Hall saw one of two visitors holding a bottle of vodka. They were being signed in by an 18-year-old female student. The RA told the visitor he cannot bring alcohol into the residence hall, and the visitor started yelling and swearing. Both visitors left before NUPD arrived, and the resident will be reported to OSCCR.