Crime Log

By Mike Napolitano

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Thursday, November 13

10 a.m.

A student reported her wallet stolen after she left it unattended for five minutes at the Snell Library InfoCommons. It contained $5 and credit cards.

2:30 p.m.

A student reported being harassed by three students on Facebook. The following day, one of the people she accused filed a cross complaint against her, claiming she had been harassed as well. The Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) is investigating.

3 p.m.

A student reported he had not been paid back after arrangements he made to sublet an apartment from a graduate student fell through. He had given the graduate student a deposit of $1,000 and received a partial refund in the form of a check that bounced. The Boston Police Department (BPD) is investigating and NUPD sent a report to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Friday, November 14

7 p.m.

NUPD found a woman pulling plants out of the ground in Bulfinch Mall, the walkway connecting the Snell Library and Krentzman Quads. Upon questioning, officers discovered she was 39 years old. She has no Northeastern affiliation and is diagnosed with a mental illness. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center by ambulance.

10:30 p.m.

NUPD officers found an 18-year-old student trying to enter a dance party in the Curry Student Center Ballroom with a water bottle filled with rum. The bottle was confiscated and the student will be reported to OSCCR.

Saturday, November 15

12:30 a.m.

A proctor in White Hall reported seeing an 18-year-old student lying in the courtyard outside the residence hall. NUPD officers determined he was intoxicated, and he was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. He will be reported to OSCCR.

8 p.m.

A student reported getting harassing e-mails from a former friend from her home town who she has not seen in a couple of years. The student said she had some contact with their mutual friends recently. NUPD is investigating the matter.

9:30 p.m.

A student reported her wallet stolen after she left her purse on the back of a chair while eating at the Marino Center. When she went to leave, she realized her wallet was no longer in her purse. When she called the credit card companies to cancel her cards, she found out one of her credit cards had already been used four times in a half-hour at Symphony Market and CVS. NUPD is investigating.

Monday, November 17

12 p.m.

A student at Douglass Park reported four of his Playstation 3 games and a wireless controller stolen. He had been away for the weekend, and one of his roommates, who moved out at the end of the weekend, said he had friends over. NUPD is investigating.

3 p.m.

NUPD detectives went to interview a freshman in White Hall whose name had come up in an investigation of drug distribution in the residence hall. The detectives confiscated a large amount of cash and some other unspecified evidence that they said suggested the student may have been dealing. NUPD officers said the investigation will continue and anticipate filing charges against him in the next few days. The student has been reported to the Department of Housing and Residential Life, and the investigation is continuing to focus on other students in White Hall.

An NUPD officer went to the Gainsborough Parking Garage to investigate a staff member’s report of a man in a parked car smoking marijuana. A number of staff members have reported smelling marijuana in the garage in the past two weeks. The officer located a man sitting in a parked car with the engine running smoking marijuana. The officer confiscated several marijuana roaches, baggies, rolling paper, an open can of beer and a bottle of Southern Comfort. He is a part-time employee of the university. His department has been notified, and he will be facing university disciplinary action and will be summonsed to court.

6:30 p.m.

A student reported being held up by his roommate with a knife after they left a party Friday night in Allston. They had gotten into a verbal argument while deciding where to go next. NUPD arranged for a temporary room change for the student and a report will be filed with OSCCR. NUPD has no jurisdiction to investigate in Allston, and told the student he should report the incident to BPD.