Crime Log

By Tara Turner

Crime Log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Tuesday, December 16 1 p.m. A student reported his wallet missing after falling asleep in the White Hall lounge the night before. It was later found behind a trash barrel in the lounge. Everything in the wallet was retrieved except for his credit cards.

3 p.m. A non-student visitor reported that her purse, iPod and $60 were missing from her car, which she had parked overnight in the Renaissance Garage. There were no signs of forced entry into her vehicle.

11:30 p.m. A student reported that a man had approached him and demanded his wallet as he walked toward the footbridge near Camden Street. The student gave him his cell phone and wallet.

Thursday, December 18 10 a.m. NUPD found a student as he arrived on campus from his off campus apartment after his girlfriend reported to staff that he had assaulted her during an argument. NUPD called the Boston Police Department (BPD) on her behalf to file a report, but the female student declined to apply for a restraining order. The couple left campus separately.

Noon A student reported his North Face windbreaker missing after having left it in the Marino Center food court before he worked out between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. The jacket contained several papers, including the student’s parking permit for the spring semester.

Tuesday, December 23 2:30 p.m. NUPD responded to a report of an intoxicated person in Curry Student Center who was causing a disturbance and acting disorderly. He was making threats toward a person he was looking for. Police identified him as a student, located him in his apartment a short time later and determined he was intoxicated. The person he had been looking for was a co-worker from his part-time job who he had a dispute with the day before. His supervisor was contacted, who told the student not to come to work for the remainder of the week. He will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Friday, December 26 10:30 p.m. An NUPD officer saw two people walking down Hemenway Street, each carrying a 30 pack of beer. He stopped them both and asked for ID. One was a 21-year-old male student, the other was an underage female visitor. All of the beer was confiscated. He will be reported to OSCCR and was given a summons to court for procuring alcohol for a minor.

Tuesday, December 30 3:30 p.m. A proctor in West Village A reported a student attempting to get into the building with a Husky Card that was not her own. The freshman student told officers she was staying on campus for the semester break with an upperclassman friend. The friend left campus for the day and gave the younger student her ID to get into the residence hall, violating housing regulations. Both students will be reported to OSCCR.

Thursday, January 1 2 a.m. Officers were called to Douglass Park after complaints of a loud, disorderly party. NUPD found the apartment where the party had taken place, citing many empty alcohol containers. They also found an 18-year-old Suffolk student vomiting in the bathroom. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center where she was treated for an alcohol overdose. The 21-year-old Northeastern student living in the apartment will be reported to OSCCR for holding an underage drinking party.

Monday, January 5 8:30 a.m. Four male residents returning from break reported that their apartment door at 144 Hemenway Street had been forced open. Nothing was found missing from the apartment. Police have not determined the reason for the break in.

5:30 p.m. A student reported her backpack missing after she left it on a bench outside West Village F between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. It contained her MacBook and several textbooks. NUPD alerted the bookstore in case someone attempted to sell the books back.