Crime Log

By Jackie Rapetti, News Correspondent

Tuesday, March 30

11 a.m.

A student reported she accidentally left her wallet in the International Village (IV) food court March 28 at 8 p.m. She realized it was missing a couple hours later and when she returned, it was no longer there. The wallet contained $45 and IDs.

1 p.m.

The manager of Wollaston’s at the Marino Center detained a shop lifter. The student had stolen a package of $8 Band-Aids. The student said he didn’t want to pay that much for Band-Aids. The student will be reported to Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution.

A student reported that on Feb. 21 she left a box containing brand new boots in the lobby of Willis Hall before leaving for Spring Break. When she returned on March 10 she couldn’t find them and reported them missing on March 30. The box may have been thrown out by custodians or stolen.

Wednesday, March 31

A student had made threats on his Facebook page directed at bouncers of a bar who had evicted him from this bar the previous weekend. Northeastern University Division of Public Safety (NUPD) located and interviewed the student. He admitted he had made the postings on the night he was thrown out when he was still drunk and upset. He was apologetic and said it was just Facebook and not a real plan. NUPD suggested he no longer patronize the establishment. The student will be reported to Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

1 p.m.

A student reported his cell phone stolen from his room on the eighth floor of IV between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. on March 30. He left his room open during that time.

9 p.m.

A student reported he left his book bag unattended on the fourth floor of Snell Library for about 90 minutes and upon returning it was gone. It contained two books and a calculator.

Thursday, April 1

Students in IV called NUPD to report hearing a loud argument between a man and woman in an adjacent room. The students heard screaming and thought that the woman was being beaten and being prevented from leaving the room. When officers arrived, they found a student who lives there and her boyfriend, also a student, apparently in an argument. The argument was over the student meeting and speaking with another male who was not her boyfriend. NUPD determined that the student’s boyfriend had placed his hands on her during the argument. Wellesley Broomfield, 19, was arrested for domestic assault and battery and will be reported to OSCCR.

11 a.m.

Staff reported a projector missing from a room in the Forsyth building. It was last seen about a week earlier.

A student left his book bag unattended in the mens restroom in Dodge Hall. It was found later but credit cards and $100 were missing.

1 p.m.

Staff from the Cabot Center reported theft of a variety of free weights from varsity weight training rooms over the past few months.

6 p.m.

A student left his book bag unattended for about five minutes on the third floor of Snell Library. It contained a laptop, iPod and some clothes. NUPD found it in another part of the third floor containing only the clothes.

A student reported he left his laptop unattended for five minutes in Snell Library around 1 p.m. and around 6:30 p.m. he reported it was missing. He later called back saying he recovered it, saying a friend of his found it in the Curry Student Center earlier in the day where he had actually left it and took it for safe keeping. He had never brought it to the library to begin with.

An officer on patrol on Hemenway Street noticed a man and a woman passing an open beer can back and forth. The officer stopped to have them dispose of it. In speaking to them, the officer had reason to check them to see if they were wanted and both of them were. David Bassler, 54, from Boston has no affiliation to the university and was wanted for operating a motor vehicle after revocation of his driver’s license. Malaika Monrow, 40, from Boston also has no affiliation to the university was wanted for possession of heroin in Boston. Both were arrested.

10:30 pm

A student left his cell phone unattended for 10 minutes on the third floor of Smith Hall in the corridor right outside his room. When he came back it was gone.

Friday, April 2

A student reported the theft of one wheel from his bike outside the Marino Center at 8 p.m. the previous night.

2 a.m.

A student called NUPD because she was concerned for her friend, also a student, who was severely ill and vomiting outside of IV. They had been at an off-campus party drinking hard liquor and smoking marijuana. She was taken to Beth Israel Medical Center by ambulance. Both will be reported to OSCCR.

An officer patroling on Westland Avenue saw two males who were stopped by Boston Public Police nearby earlier for disorderly noise on Symphony Road. NUPD saw two of them around the block a few minutes later. One young man started yelling and swearing at the officers who had given them a break earlier. The students had no university affiliation and NUPD will notify their college.

A student reported his laptop had been stolen at 774 Columbus Ave. He left the apartment with two deadbolt locks locked around 6:30 p.m. the previous night and returned around 9:30 p.m. Upon returning, only one lock was locked, but the door was not broken.

The manager at Wollaston’s in Marino Center detained a student for stealing a bar of soap. The student will be reported to OSCCR.

2 p.m.

A student left his laptop unattended on a couch in Curry Student Center game room while playing ping pong for an hour. When he returned, the laptop was gone.

The manager of Nutrition One saw a shoplifter who fled from the store. The man got away with three bottles of muscle enhancing protein each valued at $80.

10 p.m.

A student left her cell phone on a table in afterHOURS unattended for a half hour. When she went back it was gone. She called it using a friend’s phone and someone answered and wanted to meet off campus for an exchange. The phone was not returned.

NUPD was called to Stetson West by a student concerned about a friend. They were drinking mixed alcoholic beverages at an off-campus party. The student became concerned after she tried to call her friend and knock on her door and she wouldn’t answer. The Resident Assistant (RA) got a master key and NUPD found her unresponsive and unconscious. She was taken to Beth Israel Deaconness Medical Center for severe alcohol intoxication and both will be reported to OSCCR.

Saturday, April 3

An RA at Kerr Hall reported two very intoxicated students vomiting in a room. One was unconscious. The other was severely intoxicated and began swearing at officers, yelling at them to get out if they didn’t have a warrant. She had to be handcuffed to be taken into the ambulance. Both were taken to Beth Israel Deaconness Medical Center and both will be reported to OSCCR.

2 a.m.

Two alumni were walking on Columbus Avenue and were hit with water coming out of an upper floor window at Davenport B. They saw a person spit water at them. NUPD identified the resident, who denied everything. The screen was out of his window, there was a cup and water all over the window sill. The student will be reported to OSCCR.

NUPD were called to the first floor men’s room at Stetson West by an RA who found a man sleeping in the men’s room barefoot. He is a student at the Massachusetts College of Art and was signed in by a resident who could not be located. He had been visiting his friend and they got separated after drinking. NUPD took him home to his residence hall down the street. The student who signed him in will be reported to OSCCR.

A student put his iPhone down for 10 minutes in the Curry Student Center game room to play ping pong and when he returned it was no longer there.

A student called to report he had been assaulted at the corner of Huntington Avenue and Forsyth Street by a driver of a car. He said as he was walking down the street, the car nearly hit him so he reached out and slapped the car. He then challenged the driver to get out and fight him and the driver did not. He swore at the driver called him epithet so the driver got out and swung at him. The student will be reported to OSCCR for endangering himself.

A custodian in West Village G reported that a man and a woman had been in the men’s room on the first floor for more than a half hour. An officer investigated and discovered two high school students, boyfriend and girlfriend, who had sought out a private place to make out. They were escorted off campus.

An NUPD officer stopped two college-aged males for urinating on the sidewalk on Forsyth Street. While the officer was speaking with them, a third man with them approached the officer and started challenging him. He was told to back away and to stop interfering but he took a swing and struck the officer. Hein Win, a Wentworth student, was arrested or assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. The other two men apologized for urinating and were given a warning, and Win’s dean will be notified.

Sunday, April 4

An RA found a student sleeping in the lobby of Stetson East. She was awakened and said she had been at an off-campus party the night before and had two drinks. She said she had never drunk before and she was so tired that she sat down on the couch and fell asleep. She was not intoxicated when the officer found her, but will be reported to OSCCR because she admitted she was drinking the night before.

6 a.m.

NUPD received a call from Wentworth Police because they had received a call from the father of a young woman who was visiting friends at Wentworth. She was supposed to meet her family at their hotel at 1 a.m. and when she didn’t show up, it was suggested she might be visiting a guy at Northeastern. NUPD found him sleeping in his Stetson East room with no sign of the young woman. NUPD also found several empty beer cans in his room. He said he had signed her in about an hour earlier and she stayed for a few minutes and left. She had finally shown up at hotel later that morning. The student who signed her in will be reported to OSCCR for guest violations and possession of alcohol.

Monday, April 5

A 50-year-old visitor doing research in Snell Library left his tote unattended for 10 minutes on the fourth floor. It had papers and prescription medication in it and has not been found.

An RA reported the odor of marijuana coming from a room at 337 Huntington Ave. When approached, the student initially displayed a negative attitude. The officer then had a conversation with him which resulted in him reconsidering his negative attitude and he turned over a pipe and admitted to smoking marijuana. He will be reported to OSCCR.

Tuesday, April 6

3 a.m.

An officer driving on Massachusetts Avenue saw two men carrying an apparently unconscious woman and stuffing her into the backseat of a car. The officer ordered the men away from the woman when they saw another woman already in the back seat. The woman, lucid in the back seat, had called the men because the unconscious woman had called her from Cambridge because she had been in Harvard Square drinking and called her friend on campus to help her get home. That female called her boyfriend who had a car and they went to Cambridge to get her and drive her back to her off campus apartment at the South End. They had pulled over so she could vomit and that’s when the officer showed up. She was taken to Beth Israel Medical Deaconness Center, semi conscious.