Northeastern Crime Log

Crime log entries are selected from Northeastern’s Division of Public Safety reports.

Crime Log Entry of the Month:

Sunday, May 16 2:30 a.m. A female student requested advice on what actions she should take against her ex-boyfriend who threw soy sauce on her at a party they attended together. They were arguing at the party, when she threw beer on him, and he retaliated with soy sauce.

————————————————————————————-

Monday, May 3 2 p.m. A purse belonging to a female student was turned into the Northeastern Univ-ersity Police Department (NUPD). The purse contained a driver’s license belonging to her roommate that was used as a fake ID. The student will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).

Tuesday, May 4 9:30 a.m. A student reported he left his bike locked at the Snell Engineering bike rack. When he returned an hour and a half later, the bike was missing. He did not report the incident until the next day.

Thursday, May 6 1 p.m. A non-student was ejected from Snell Library for watching pornographic material.

Saturday, May 8 3:30 p.m. Two non-students were ejected from Snell Library for watching pornographic material.

Sunday, May 9 9 p.m. Two non-students from Scituate, 22-year-old Brian Steverman and 24-year-old Matthew Dion, were arrested on charges of larceny of tools from the West Campus construction site.

Tuesday, May 11 7 p.m. A female student reported her cable box stolen from her West Campus apartment.

Thursday, May 13 1:30 p.m. A non-university female reported her cell phone stolen from a restroom in the John D. O’Bryant African American Institute on May 9. She was attending a meeting at the facility.

3 p.m. A student reported his wallet stolen from a table in Snell Library. The wallet was left unattended.

3:30 p.m. A male student reported his bike stolen from the rack in front of Shillman Hall between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.

7:30 p.m. A student reported her wallet stolen from her bag, which she left unattended on the counter at the Dunkin’ Donuts in Shillman Hall.

Friday, May 14 1:30 p.m. A non-student reported his watch and CD player missing from Shillman Hall after he left them unattended.

2:30 p.m. A male non-student was escorted out of Snell Library for downloading pornographic material.

Sunday, May 16 8:30 a.m. A 20-year-old student, David Downing, was arrested for malicious destruction at Cushing Hall for smashing in the glass of the front door.

4 p.m. A Northeastern alumna reported her purse stolen from the Egan Research Center. She had left it unattended on a coat rack.

Monday, May 17 1:30 p.m. A student reported his iPod stolen from his apartment on Hemenway Street. The ground floor window was left open.

4:30 p.m. A student reported his mountain bike stolen from the Snell Library bike rack.

Wednesday, May 19 1:30 a.m. NUPD assisted Boston Police (BPD) with a non-student related purse snatching. The suspect grabbed the purse and fled in an unknown direction.

4 p.m. An NUPD officer responded to the lobby of Hayden Hall on reports of a suspicious package. NUPD notified the BPD Bomb Squad, but the cardboard box wrapped in black electrical tape turned out to contain books.

9 p.m. A staff member reported her backpack stolen from her Dockser Hall office between 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.

9:30 p.m. A student reported his mountain bike stolen from the front of Hayden Hall sometime between 5:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

Thursday, May 20 11 a.m. A student reported her purse, which was left unattended, stolen from her Curry Student Center office.

3 p.m. A female student reported her wallet stolen from the third floor of Snell Library.

4 p.m. A student reported her refrigerator stolen from her Kennedy Hall room.

10:30 p.m. A faculty member reported his laptop stolen from his office in the Egan Research Center between 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 22 3:30 p.m. A non-student was escorted out of Snell Library for looking at pornographic material.

Sunday, May 23 6 p.m. A student reported his bike stolen after locking it in front of the Egan Research Center on May 21. When he returned two days later, the bike was gone.